Isaac/Theo; Bandaids Don't Fix Bullet Holes [3]

a part 3 was requested by soo many of you so here you go

don't forget to vote and comment,
also 20k reads? that's insane! thank you

***

"Theo..." I said slowly, at this point I was unsure of how to feel after what Isaac had just told me.

Theo took a few steps towards where I was standing, his eyes locked on Isaac who took a small step away from me.

"Don't hurt her." Isaac said sternly. Theo's eyes widened a little as my gaze shifted between the two of them, my heart picking up its pace.

"Wha- I'll never hurt Y/N." Theo said, his face displaying a shocked and confused expression. Now I was confused. Very confused. I didn't know who I should believe. What Isaac said seemed pretty real and serious and I knew he wouldn't make something like that up.

But Theo, he was my best friend. I knew that he would never hurt me. There were so many people he would beat senseless, but I wasn't one of them. I was sure of it.

"Y/N don't fall for this," Isaac held onto my arm, causing Theo's eyes to instantly snap towards it, "he's trying to make me seem like the bad guy here."

I pulled myself out of his grip. "But Isaac, you are the bad guy.. You cheated on me. You betrayed my trust. You hurt me... All Theo ever did was try to help me and try to make me forget all about how much you broke me."

Isaac's face softened as he looked down in guilt. This time Theo held onto me and pulled me closer towards him.

"I think this is the part where you leave and go back to your date waiting inside." Theo smirked. I didn't approve of the way Theo was acting, but I also wasn't okay with Isaac thinking that he could just waltz back into my life whenever he pleased.

I was done with him.

Isaac averted his eyes away from Theo and towards me before lightly nodding his head and walking past us back through the doors of the entrance.

"Thank goodness that's over." Theo slightly chuckled.

I pulled myself out of his grip and turned to face him, my eyebrows almost knitted together.

"What's wrong?" His smile faded.

"You told Isaac that you'd hurt me if he even dared to talk to me. Why would you do that?"

He looked down. "Y/N let's not talk about this right now oka-"

"No Theo! Let's talk about it right now. You know how sad I've been feeling? You know how much I've been waiting and waiting for Isaac to say something to me... And this entire time I was thinking he was just being an asshole, or that I wasn't worth a proper explanation for this... But all along it was you."

I sighed in disbelief. "You were the reason he didn't call."

"I can explain." Theo said, his face expressionless.

"Oh really?"

"Yes. And I can also tell you that I don't feel sorry about it. I don't regret saying to Isaac what I did."

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest waiting for him to continue talking.

"Isaac hurt you Y/N, and I know how much you wanted him to come running back to you and tell you how wrong he was and beg for your forgiveness, but I couldn't let that happen. I wouldn't let him come back into your life only to walk out again when you've become comfortable with him. He hurt you once and we both know he is capable of doing this all again." Theo explained, staring at me intently, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Theo... I'm glad that you want to protect me; you've been this way for years and I couldn't have asked for a better best friend, but I don't expect you to fight all of my battles for me." I took a step towards him.

"I just, I don't want to see you get hurt again Y/N." He whispered. I placed my hands on his chest.

"You won't have to. I'm not going to run back to Isaac, okay? He's out of my life. I don't want him to hurt me again either."

There was a moment of silence until I broke it by saying softly, "is that the only reason you tried to keep him away from me?"

Theo remained quiet. I raised my eyebrows and he quickly looked at his feet, his lips curving into a small, shy smile. Shy? Shy? Theo was being shy? That was definitely a first.

He shook his head. "What's that?" I slightly giggled.

"No." He simply said.

"No what?"

"No, that's not the only reason I tried to keep Isaac away from you." He admitted. This time, I became shy and couldn't keep myself from smiling.

"So Theo, what may be the other reason for doing this?" I sounded as if I was talking to a five year old. I had always enjoyed teasing Theo because I knew how much it annoyed him. He didn't like not being the one in charge or the one in full control.

He placed his hands over mine and lowered them down, keeping them warm in his larger hands.

"Y/N Y/L/N, I may have had a crush on you for quite some time now."

I didn't feel surprised, yet I still kind of did. The thought of Theo having a crush on me was shocking. I just always had the feeling that he was out of my league. He sure as hell is. He is gorgeous!

"How long is quite some time?" I continued to tease him. He was becoming more and more shy with each passing moment.

"A few months." He confessed.

Now I was shocked. I thought it all started a few days, maybe a few weeks ago. But months? I had no idea.

He must have noticed the change of expression on my face because he then asked, "what?"

"I- I just didn't know you felt that way for so long."

"I guess I'm really good at hiding my feelings." He shrugged.

"You're amazing at hiding them." I laughed. He joined in on the light laughter before both of us just quieted down. We looked at one another for a several moments, waiting for the other to say something, but we both were wordless.

He let go of my hands and brought his up to cup my cheeks. I leaned into his touch as he moved closer and closer. Our lips were only inches apart when he froze. I could tell that he felt uncertain about what he was going to do, but right now there was no room for second thoughts. I stood on the tip of my toes and pressed my lips against his.