Stiles; The Breakup

don't forget to vote and leave a comment!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200K READS! THIS IS SO AMAZING! I AM SO GRATEFUL!

***

You walked down the school hallway along with your best friend Malia. She was chattering on about something that seemed important, but you were not quite focused on her words.
All of your focus was on Stiles and Scott, who were coming down the corridor, and you would pass them any second now.

Stiles flashed you a friendly smile and you nodded your head while mouthing a small 'hello'.

Malia stopped talking. She looked at you, and then at Stiles, then back at you. Her eyebrows were furrowed; it was obvious that she was confused.

"W-W-Wait," she stopped, causing you to stand still too, "it's not awkward between the two of you?" She asked.

"Nope." You answered, your lips curved into a smile.

"Not even a little bit?"

"Not at all."

Everybody in the pack suspected that things between you and Stiles were 'awkward' after the breakup. None of them speak about relationships or love while you or Stiles are around.
They try to keep you and Stiles away from each other as much as possible to avoid, as they say, an 'awkward situation.'
What they don't understand is that things between you and Stiles were not awkward. Not at all. The two of you were on good terms- amazing actually.

You and Stiles didn't break up because of a fight or anything of that sort, it was a mutual decision.
Both of you felt that it was easier to get along as friends rather than as lovers.
If you're being honest, doing romantic things with Stiles felt rather odd. Awkward.

The pack didn't know this, so you couldn't blame them for the way they acted around you.

~~~

The whole pack was meeting at Scott's house after school. Malia kept asking if you were sure you wanted to go, because 'Stiles was going to be there' even after you told her that there was no awkwardness whatsoever. She clearly didn't believe you.

When you and Malia arrived, the rest of the pack was already there.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" Stiles said as the two of you walked through the front door. You rolled your eyes. But you were thankful to see that he was being his normal, sarcastic self.

After telling Stiles to shut up, Scott added, "yeah, thanks for coming, but you're a little late."

"I'm sorry I wasn't going to show up on an empty stomach and Y/N didn't even wanna come in the first place because of this guy!" Malia pointed towards to Stiles.

You couldn't help but laugh at her attitude. "That's not true, but we did stop for something to eat."

"Okay," Scott spoke, getting everybody's attention, "uh Stiles, could you please go and fetch my duffel bag upstairs?"

"God, you're lazy." Stiles shook his head in disbelief.

"Please, I have to finish up something downstairs." Scott sighed. Stiles groaned, then made his way up the stairs. "Wait, it's a bit heavy. Liam, could you please help him ou-"

"I'll help." You volunteered, already walking towards the staircase.

Scott took a swift step towards you, "No, Y/N you don't hav-"

"I'm going to help." You said rather sternly. He took a step back and nodded his head.

You walked up the stairs and entered Scott's room; the sight of Stiles miserably failing at lifting the bag himself making you giggle.

"Need some help?" You asked, startling him a bit.

"Oh, Y/N, hey." He smiled, trying to keep his cool.

"How are you?" You decided to ask as you walked closer to him and the duffel bag.

"I-I'm good. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm great." Silence then followed. A few seconds passed and then you looked at him. He was looking at you, the corner of his lips tilted up.

"Wow, this is so different." He said.

"What do you mean? This is what we wanted, right? For things to go back to normal." You crossed your arms over your chest.

"Yeah," he buried his hands in his pockets, "but now I can't kiss you whenever I want."

You laughed. You could feel your cheeks heating up. This would probably be the perfect time to take the duffel bag downsta-

"I really want to kiss you now. But that would be weird, because we're not dating, right?" Stiles took a step towards you.

Your arms fell to your sides again. "N-No. I mean yes- I mean no." You wanted to slap yourself for being so silly.

Stiles continued to take small steps towards you until his body was only inches away from yours. The proximity caused your heart to beat faster.

"I'm going to kiss you now Y/N." He warned, a beautiful smile painted on his lips.

"O-Okay." You stuttered. Stiles leaned in closer and then you felt his soft lips against yours. The butterflies in your stomach took flight. You missed the feeling so much. You missed Stiles so much. You missed having him this way.

You pulled away as you were interrupted by Malia standing by the door, "Shit! You were right, Lydia!"