It took me a lot to open the heavy metal gates, but when they were finally closed and left behind, I leaned onto the fence by my right hand and walked over to the boys' side. I was in the middle of boys' and girls' sides when I heard a loud screeching noise and the gate of the boys' side slowly opened. I stopped in my tracks to watch the dark silhouette. It was far enough for me to not be able to see, but it saw me.

"Zoe!" Nick screamed at me and suddenly, I had all my will-power back and I started running. He ran towards me, too. I knew I would fall, sooner or later, but that couldn't keep me calm. As we were slowly getting closer and closer to each other, I saw that he looked nowhere better than me. It all happened like in slow motion, even though we were running to each other the fastest we could. Finally, the distance between us came to it's minimum and we almost ran against each other, embracing in a hug.

His scent travelled in my lunges, making me warm from the inside. I was standing on my tiptoes so I could wrap my arms around his neck normally. He had his arms wrapped around me so strong, yet so confortable, it felt like we haven't seen each other in years. Centuries. Lot's and lot's of centuries. He was finally there, he was finally in my arms.

"I love you," he whispered softly in my ear.

"Oh, Nick," I said, "I love you, too. I missed you like crazy."

"I missed you like you were the only thing I've ever had. Zoe," he said, pulling out a little.

I looked at him questioningly, waiting for him to say something, but instead he softly pressed his lips against mine and it was so much better that any words he could manage to choke out. His lips on mine were something that the universe craved with us, our kiss was like a whole new world. Having his arms around my waist, he let me to stand normally on my feet. My hands stayed on his neck as I pulled him closer and closer, just like he pulled me by my waist.

His tongue touched my lips, asking for entrance which I gladly give. His tongue travells in my mouth, leaving his sweet taste everywhere. Our tongues touched and now I knew what they meant by saying that kissing that one feels different. We could stay like this forever, warming each other, but soon our lunges started burning and we pulled out.

Staring into his eyes that stared back at me, I smiled.

"What are you smiling at?" Nick asked, his voice pleasuring my ears like always as he smiled himself.

I smiled wider, "I'm just happy."

He smiled and stared at me like I was the most wonderful thing in the world, even though I looked my worst, "I am, too."

I shivered as the cold wind blew, making goosebumps re-appear that disappeared when we kissed.

Nick frowned, "Are you cold?"

I shook my head, "It's okay."

He touched the tip of my nose with his palm, "You're icy," he told me, unwrapping both of his hands from around my waist, making me unwrap mine from his neck.

He started taking his jacket off and I looked at him unapprovingly, "This doesn't make sense if you catch a cold."

"I'm not cold," he said, smiling as he put his jacket on me.

"Whatever you say, but you'll be in trouble if you get sick."

His smile widened, "How can I get sick when I'm around you?"

Laughing, I jokingly punched his arm, "Not fair! We could at least get inside."

"Inside where? Academy, so they can seperate us? No way."