CHAPTER 51: THE DELIVERY

"Baby can you focus.. on me?.. Stuck in yo zone, but I don't wanna give up.. I know we get this money so I guess I can't complain.. but can you focus on me?" 

SONG: FOCUS BY H.E.R.

Surrounded by fluffy pink pillows, ribbons and bows, carnation pink ice, swafts of blankets, diamond rattles, blingin' onesies and fuzzy booties with huge fushia swirls

Surrounded by fluffy pink pillows, ribbons and bows, carnation pink ice, swafts of blankets, diamond rattles, blingin' onesies and fuzzy booties with huge fushia swirls.. and all the pink pastries and bonbons you can eat.. I stare at my stomach, drowsy and exhausted.. please Lord, can I just have this baby..

I run my fingers up my swollen belly, my navel poppin', greased up with 800 dollar Dermagold. My blood has been low this entire pregnancy, running back and forth to the doctor, while Delontae been running back and forth to our New York mansion and his corporate world. Trying to get us set up for our move. New York, New York, here we come... if I can ever get my man to slow down and sit down for a second. I can tell he's nervous though with so much shit goin' on. Not to mention Kinte. I grab at pink cotton candy and stick it in my mouth..

My brother-in-law turned himself in to the Feds, and got an expensive ass lawyer named Attorney Spalding to plea him out: And Kinte got 30 years to life, for orchestrating the murder of Boden Armstrong Junior aka Young Bo, and trafficking cocaine.

I picture Bo.. and how much I used to run behind that nigga. That seems like so long ago, I rub my belly again. And it's crazy, because Kinte was the one trying to protect Bo all the time, and now he's going up for Bo's murder. Everybody is talkin' about that shit, and thinking Kinte been jealous of Delontae, this whole time. When all of us who really know Kinte, know different. But the blogs and the media saying so much shit, it's hard to remember that Vaughn is the one who really killed Bo.  Kinte shouldn't have never snitched in the first place.

I shake my head and gaze at the screen, while Kinte's dumb ass wife Charmagne is all over the blogs and shit, jumpin' Givenchy and Versace fresh, talking about how she left him -- Giving interviews and shit on how she knew her man was changing but she didn't know he had committed murder, and all that extra rap shit, about how she could feel it when the walls and the Feds started closing in at the Killa Mo concert. Whatever.

Charmagne don't know shit about us to tell. All she can do is incriminate Kinte more. I stare at her new interview on Youtube.  That bitch got Droopy killed in my opinion. Muffin says she can't wait to beat Charmagne's ass.

"That bitch stuck on stupid, trying to be like you, you heard dat shit? Talkin' about she got a book comin' out. What you want me to do with these presents over here?" Danielle smacks out, pointing at the bassinet filled with gifts from my baby shower, that just ended. I shrug and grab another fluff of cotton candy and lick the sticky pink sparkles off my fingers.

"She gold-sprayed these little cherry magnets. This shit so cute," Danielle is surveying a gift.

"Where yo man at, so you can perk up?" Vonsha asks me. I shrug again. I wish I knew but I'm too tired to call him. Delontae stressed out over Kinte, and over Vaughn too, I watch Vonsha. Vaughn and Delontae's relationship has been strained, ever since Delontae jumped on the nigga acting crazy, and Kinte turned himself in.