CHAPTER 32: THE SNITCH

"it's a secret society.. all we ask is trust.. all we got is us... LOVE'S GONNA GET YOU KILLED." ... ... "Ten fo'.. no switching sides.. feel somethin' wrong.. you acting shifty..."

SONG: LOYALTY BY KENDRICK LAMAR FEAT RIHANNA

I jump out of the shower, shivering and shaking-- okay, okay Aisha, I talk to myself, with my fingers trembling I'm so cold, trying to pull on some Gucci jeans and a shirt as fast as I can-- help me God, we never saw it, we never saw it-- somebody...

I jump out of the shower, shivering and shaking-- okay, okay Aisha, I talk to myself, with my fingers trembling I'm so cold, trying to pull on some Gucci jeans and a shirt as fast as I can-- help me God, we never saw it, we never saw it-- somebody knocks on my bedroom door and then kicks it hard as hell - my lil' boy so fuckin' off the chain-

"Wait Doonk!" I tell him through the door when he kicks it hard as FUCK again. Bad ass!

"Daddy! Mama! Mooomama!" he yells. I hurry up and open it and my baby walks in draggin' his wagon with all them damn leggo blocks in it-

"Don't bring that shit in here Doonk! Nope, wait, come on," I stop him and grab his hand.

"Where my daddy? Daddy!" he yells, and my heart hurts.

"He not here, come on," I pull my baby.

"Mama make Tunchi play," he tells me.

"Okay baby, I will, come on," I tell him with my mind racing while I almost throw up, my stomach so queasy. I hit the intercom on the wall at the top of the stairs, making myself stay up--

"Miss Mary come get my baby please," I say... oh Lord, oh Lawd, oh shit-- my mind ticks..

And I keep on down the stairs, gripping the staircase with one hand and holding onto my baby's hand with the other one, for support. Help me Jesus. I pray to myself, and Vaughn meets me on the second floor. And I feel so much better. Lord hammercy!

"Theo Arlington called me, Aisha I could fuckin' kiss you! But I know better," Vaughn tells me trying to hurry up and put on a tie.

"Wait! Wait I got sum'm to tell you!" I hiss to Vaughn.

"What?"

"Hol' hol up," I tell him when I hear Miss Mary coming. But Muffin comes out of her room in her robe with her hair all fucked up. Po' Muffin.

"Gimme kiss," she tells my baby and he puts his head up for her to kiss him.

"Take him on to Miss Mary, you alright?" I ask Muffin when she grabs my baby's hand.

"No," she tells me. I know.

"I know Muffin," I tell her.

"What?" Vaughn asks me and I pull him back in his and Vonsha's room and shut the door.

"What?" Vaughn asks me again.

"Danielle alright, you alright?" Vonsha asks me with her eyes so puffy from crying it's crazy.