I smoothed down the basic blouse that flowed off my body. It laid neatly on my tight jeans that tucked into a pair of worn boots. I grabbed a coat from the back of my chair since it was spring and the rain seemed to never stop.

My keys were no where in sight which confused me, but after a few minutes of searching in the most common places they had been in the pocket of my coat the whole time. With my phone in my hand I headed outside, shutting and locking my front door behind me.

On the drive over I was quiet, not my usual loud self in the car because I have 5 CDs of my favorite artists in my car with me at all times ready on repeat. I listened to the rain on the roof of my car and on the windshield and paid attention to every light coming at me from the other side of the road.

I turned onto Luke's road, pulling up to his gate and letting myself in. I adored how cut off his house was, it wasn't exactly secluded, but was still pretty private.

I sent Luke my basic 'I'm here' text, but when I looked up he was already jogging through the heavy rain to come meet me at my car.

"As nice as it is to see you, I really don't like being rained on so if you don't hurry I'm ditching you." He told me, his voice louder than normal from the rain drowning his voice out.

We both scrambled away from my car, giggling as we jogged up his front steps and to his front door. He pushed it open with ease, brushing a few pieces of hair off of his forehead.

This is one of those moments where you're sort of blown away with the way someone looks. On an everyday bases, you know they're attractive, but then there's just this one instance where you look at the curve of their nose or the nearly invisible freckles painted along their cheeks and the washed out color of their lips. It was weird to feel like this about Luke, especially since it seemed he had little to no emotions and he was a much more physical person. It just made me wonder if he's done the same.

"Andy, right?" A light voice called out. I looked up, seeing a blonde woman walking towards me with her right hand in front of her.

"Yes," I answered right away, forcing a smile on my face. I was really trying to force the awkward out, but it wasn't really going anywhere.

Luke glanced between me and his parents as we all introduced ourselves. A natural smile pulled at his lips. It was genuine and kind, but it had disappeared when he looked back at me.

He said nothing, he just nodded over towards the kitchen and sat right down at the granite bar. He pulled out the stool next to him and I sat down, realizing we were the only ones in the kitchen. His parents were a room over sitting in the living room where just a few days ago Luke and I were "studying".

"You want anything?" He smoothly asked, his eyes scanning the features of my face.

I shook my head although I could use really anything to drink right now. I still felt pretty nervous and I just needed to do something besides sit and getting my hands around a cup or a soda can could help.

"I'm getting you a drink anyways. What do you want?" He looked over at me as he got up and took the few steps to his fridge. I shrugged, not really caring. A coke came sliding my way, stopping short but just in my reach,

"Thanks." I sighed. I pulled on the top to open it, that being the only sound in the room. I took a sip and glanced over to Luke who was watching me. I set down my drink and raised an eyebrow at him, "What?"

"You are really pretty." Luke said, his smile turning timid. It was almost as if he was debating whether or not he should've said that.

I covered my face with my hands as my cheeks flushed. No matter how many times I received a compliment I had the same reaction. A laugh, almost a giggle, had poured from his lips. The sound was like listening to your favorite song.