chapter five

"Round number two." Luke whispered over his shoulder to me as we entered the ISS room, Michael trudging in behind us.

We would've been saved by Michael if he didn't bring in his milkshake cup which ruined it all. Since he was so good at ass kissing though, we only had two days of this instead of the four that our principal was going to give to us.

We all sat down in the back corner where Luke and I had sat last time, this time with Michael joining us. It had been rather full today and just about everyone in the room was looking in our direction.

I uneasily settled in my desk as I pulled out my homework from last night that I was way too lazy to do. Even with huge tests coming up I couldn't be bothered to do anything that had to do with school. I was ready for the year to be over and enjoy my last summer as a high school student before I started applying to colleges.

My phone buzzed in my bag and I picked it up to see that I had a message from Ashton asking me where I was. I sighed and told him I was in ISS and would catch up with him later on after school and that since it was Friday, we'd be hanging out in our normal spot in the coffee shop attached to a bookstore.

"So, Andy," Michael began, easily getting my attention. "Are you coming tonight?" He raised an eyebrow at me as I gave him a confused look.

"I don't know what-"

"I was going to ask her." Luke butted in, glaring at Michael. He turned around in his seat to face me. "I'm having a party tonight, come." He insisted.

I glanced back over to Michael then back to Luke, realizing that their stares were growing heavier as they wanted for my answer.

"I would, but I'm meeting up with Ashton after school." I answered, digging around in my backpack for a pencil.

"Then come after that." He shook his head at me as if I was supposed to know that.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Michael asked, tilting his head slightly to the side. If there's anything I've learned over the course of the pass two days with both of them was that despite the intimidation factor, they were both pretty dumb, but in the good way.

"No." I laughed, answering him quickly. "We're just friends, always have, always will." I explained.

Both of the boys nodded as they took in the information, quickly losing themselves into a conversation about what their plans were tonight. I sunk back into my seat and put one of my headphones in as I continued to text Ashton back and forth. We were in the middle of talking about meeting up with Calum after school when I felt Luke kick my desk, grabbing my attention.

"Can you supply booze?" Luke questioned, tapping his fingers on my desk, fiddling with my papers.

I shook my head, "I'm not old enough."

"Who says you have to be old enough?" Michael scoffed which covered his laugh. "Your parents, do they drink?" He questioned.

"My dad does, he makes all of those fancy drinks for whenever his coworkers come over for dinner. It's great watching old guys get hammered." I said, looking between the blank stares of both boys. I raised my eyebrows at them, "That was a joke."

"Alright Andy Emerson, you supply alcohol and I supply...everything else." Luke stated.

"You can call me just Andy." I told him as I still didn't understand why he used my full name. He rolled his eyes and waved me off as I had told him this probably too many times and he still hadn't budged. It was quite funny, actually.

"Come at nine," He said. "Do you need a ride?" His head tilted slightly to the side as the tip of his tongue toyed with his lip ring.

"Are you planning on getting me drunk?" I asked, trying to keep quiet since the ISS teacher was eyeing us.