chapter eighteen

The second I woke up all that consumed me was the feeling of Luke. His voice, shaky hands, replaying memories of finding him boxing to a beat. And then Kat followed. I really, really, didn't like Kat. She was gorgeous and intimidating and also messing around with the one guy I find myself interested in. But I guess she can say the same for me. 

Luke was...different. I know, so cliche. But he truly was. He was a very different type of character. He seemed so rugged and tough and didn't seem to give a shit about fairly anything. Not saying he isn't anything of those things, because let's be a little real here, he is. But we share such special moments of a soft and easy side of Luke. He sure as hell doesn't like to tiptoe around anything, obviously. But then he'll turn around and watch these really interesting science videos and make sure to be the best friend he can be. He's always honest and genuinely cares about me. He doesn't make the situation any better sometimes, but he tries. (Friend is a very loose term here considering he made me finish faster than anyone ever has and we had known each other for a month and a half. Moving on.)

After my thoughts trickled away, I rolled over in bed to check the time. My alarm didn't wake me up again, so I assumed I woke up before my alarm again. My assumptions were wrong. School started at 8:20 and it's 8:18.

"Oh my gosh, I need a better alarm clock," I mumbled as I scrambled out of bed.

I skipped over a shower because I had already thoroughly showered last night after what went down. Nothing better than a to shower after some steamy moments. Am I right ladies?

I tied my hair in the prettiest bun I could and searched frantically for clothes. I was mid April and getting hot so I wanted shorts and a t-shirt but after sneaking a peak of the weather through my curtains I realized shorts and heavy rain wouldn't mixed.

I groaned, throwing on just an old t-shirt and jeans and ran back into my bathroom to throw on a face of makeup as fast as I could. I just didn't want to look too dead today.

After 20 minutes I was in a huge hurry to find something to eat and an umbrella. I grabbed a whole box of cereal from the shelf and decided to take the whole box into my car and eat it as I go. As for the umbrella...well. I was just out of luck with that one. I had absolutely NO idea where this thing was. I wasn't even sure if I owned one. After checking both hall closets, there was nothing.

So from then I ran into my car with my back pack over my shoulder. I fumbled with my keys and started my car, reversing out of my driveway as fast as possible without hitting a mail box or an actual person, and headed on my way to class. 

What I really wanted to do was call Luke and see if he was skipping so I could just miss the whole day and spend it with someone. I know Ashton and Calum are always at school and I stopped asking them a while ago.

The drive seemed to take forever. I minutes on my clock flew by my it seemed my car couldn't catch up to it. I pulled into my parking spot in of course the furthest parking lot from my class. I pulled my phone out from my pocket once I parked and I didn't have a single notification. Usually there's just something from someone. And I was surprised to see nothing from Luke. After talking over ice cream yesterday I figured things would be fine.

So now it's pouring rain at nine in the morning, I'm forty minutes late for first period, and I can already hear a detention slip calling my name. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate my first period? I absolutely loathe psychology. More of the teacher and not the subject. I still hate it.

My room was in a classroom located in the gym. Weird, I know. The dismissal bell rings in five minutes and I'm just now walking through the doors to my classroom. I keep my head down as I swing open the door. It creaks and I cringe, but that's usually how I feel about anything in this school. The whole class is chattering yet they're all staring at me. My hood was over my messy hair and wet face. Strands of my hair clung to my cheeks and I pushed it all back as I neared my seat.