"what about the gear?" namjoon asked, finally speaking up and attracting attention to his tall form and crossed arms. this was a question for hoseok, it was his task and he was certainly enthusiastic about it.

the ravenette would have appreciated this enthusiasm, if he hadn't been distracted by the small boy that walked in. jungkook was now appreciating the brunette standing there wearing his hoodie, he may even have smiled about it, if only taehyung wasn't giving him an odd look. something was on his mind.

"i talked to jin and brought the hooks and rope to his place, it's in a chocolate morsels box." hoseok was very happy with that last bit. it was his idea to use the box.

taehyung could tell jungkook was reading his mind, maybe not exactly, but the younger knew there was something there. it made him shift on his feet, feeling those dark eyes on him even thought people were talking to him. "sounds good," jungkook said, it was dismissive. "keep it up."

the way he could still exude this confidence and face of authority even when he's barely paying attention was amazing to watch. taehyung couldn't look away and didn't even object when the ravenette grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the lab with long strides and curious glance.

all of a sudden his back was against a brick wall, cold and only kept out by the hoodie. jungkook was standing so close that taehyung could smell the mint in his breath as he spoke, "what happened?" he asked.

he didn't feel like talking anymore. taehyung just gripped the front of the boys shirt and rested his forehead against his chest. "you're so secretive kookie." the small boy whispered, only sounding so much smaller.

it hurt a little, to hear him like that. jungkook frowned and let his hands on the boys sides, gradually pulling him into a hug. "i'll tell you something if you ask." he said. by now he thought that was obvious, he practically gave the boy a reason to send him back to prison so jungkook has been very honest so far — at least he believed so.

"i feel like the second i catch up, something happens and i'm so far behind." taehyung finally pulled away and looked up at the handsome boy. "i don't really know you, do i?"

the ravenette didn't know where this was coming from, how could he leave just this morning on such a good note and suddenly the other is questioning him. "baby, you know me." jungkook whispered, his palms were on the side of taehyungs face now, "what we have is small, you gotta let it grow. i'll tell you anything you want to know about me, just give it some time, give me some time."

it was maybe the most he's ever heard jungkook say in one moment. taehyung just chewed on the bottom of his lip and sighed softly. "how do you know seohyun." he asked anyways, already knowing the answer but wanting to hear it from the ravenette himself.

the darkness in his eyes seemed to become deeper, an abyss of emotion just at the mention of the woman's name. "i'm assuming she told you." jungkook said. his voice was cold, but his thumb still rubbed softly over the brunettes cheekbone. "come on." he dropped his hands from taehyungs face, just to grab his hand and pull him outside.

"i see you like my hoodie."

they were now at the ravenettes car, parked behind the warehouse with a blanket on the hood for the two of them to sit on. "she's so mean." taehyung said. he didn't even bother to listen to the younger as he sat between his legs with his back against the boys firm chest.

jungkook chuckled and wrapped his arms around the boys waist, pecking the back of his neck softly and whispering, "what did she say."

"were you guys engaged?" taehyung asked. neither of them seemed to answer the others questions, just sitting together and thinking out loud.

that question couldn't be ignored though. it hung in the air between them like the cold seoul air and just waited patiently to be acknowledged. "at the time, i did want to be," jungkook started, his fingers were softly rubbing against the boys sides as he spoke. taehyung tensed a little at that, he couldn't help the sick feeling in his tummy. "she wasn't with me for the long run, made it clear."

taehyung was more mad again, thinking about that lady just being so mean to the boy. "she's so not okay." he pouted, pulling on one of the strings on jungkooks ripped jeans.

"don't take it out on my pants." the ravenette took a hold of the smaller boys hands and brought them to his lips to leave light kisses to his knuckles. "it was a long time ago." he assured the older.

taehyung just hummed and leaned back more against the boys chest, a little smile was on his lips as he felt the soft kisses to his hands and soon his neck. "no worries baby," jungkook spoke quietly against his ear, and he could practically hear the smirk in his voice, "this is a game i always win."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬