"Let's eat," Tao said then everyone proceeded to eat.

I felt uncomfortable as we ate, it was too quiet. I could only hear the sound of the silverware clashing against the ceramic plates. It was deafening. Can somebody please talk?

"So Paige, when did you find out that you're staying here?" I found it creepy that Xiumin happened to ask at such an appropriate time.

"Last week, my stepfather said his friend would be willing to let me live here. I wasn't informed that it's just the eleven of you that are staying in this house." I replied.

"Father did give us a heads up about your arrival, he told us to be nice." Kai said. Nice?

"We aren't used to having other guests at the house. We don't even have maids or butlers so it's going to take a while for us to get used to you." Kyungsoo suddenly said.

"You know what, call me weird but I think you can read minds," I heard some chuckles after that, but I really think it's real. Besides, there really is something different about them.

"Hey Sehun, you're not touching your food." I immediately turned my head when I heard Suho.

"I'm not hungry" Sehun quietly replied.

"You shouldn't waste food Se--" I was cut off when Chanyeol suddenly covered my mouth.

"Sorry, I was surprised." he apologized as he removed his hand.

Considering their reactions, I probably made a huge mistake. Everyone is looking at me. They're really dead serious about not talking to Sehun.

"I reminded you Paige," Baekhyun's voice was filled with warning.

This isn't right. "May I at least know why? I just don't understand. We'll be living together for a while and it's hard to just act as if he doesn't exist." I cautiously asked.

Everyone had stopped eating by now, all eyes were on me. "You don't need to know." Luhan narrowed his eyes at me.

"I should leave," Sehun said as he stood up.

"Don't, sorry for my stubbornness but I promise that I'd stop asking questions once I get an answer." I explained as I stood up as well. Sehun gave me a worried look. I'll probably be in trouble after this.

"Sorry to tell you Paige but you're just making things complicated. The lesser questions you ask, the more we'd get along." Luhan said.

I pursed my lips as I averted my gaze. This day really isn't turning out right. So many questions are running through my head. I want to get along with them too, but how can I trust them when they can't even answer one question from me? "Just answer me and I'll stop," I said as I took a deep breath. "Once you answer me, I'll do as you say."

The guys all exchanged glances before Lay sighed deeply. "It's too early for her to know," Too early to know what?

"Why do you think we can read your mind? Why do you think Baekhyun can call us without even leaving your side?" Chen asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you honestly think that we're normal humans?" Kyungsoo asked as he looked at me straight in the eyes. I don't know if I'm just hallucinating but I think his eyes glowed red for a moment.

I suddenly noticed that everyone stood up and they were all staring at me. My eyes widened in shock when I noticed that their eyes were all glowing in different hues of red. I immediately felt fear. I knew something was wrong. What exactly are they?

I cringed as I took a step back but they all began walking towards me. I stumbled back due to panic. I didn't notice my foot getting caught in the leg of the chair which caused me to fall down. I even ended up landing on my wounded knee. My heart was pounding against my chest.

I'm scared.

"Don't you think that you're going overboard with this?" I was surprised to see Sehun standing right beside me. His brothers suddenly emitted a deadly aura.

"Stay away from her Sehun, it's dangerous," Chanyeol said.

Sehun looked at me then back at his brothers. There was so much hesitation in his eyes. "I know it is but father also told us not to hurt her," he said. Why would they even hurt me in the first place? The others looked calmer after what Sehun said but the fear that I'm feeling never left.

"Come on Paige, we have a lot to talk about." Suho said with a sigh.

I still couldn't get a grasp of what was going on. I was still confused but I tried to get up anyway. I noticed that the wound on my knee got even worse and it was slightly bleeding. I looked back at them and I saw that they were looking at my wound.

They aren't vampires, are they?!

"We aren't, get over here." Tao deadpanned.

I took a step but I winced in pain because the wound stung for a moment. I immediately held something for support, in this case the closest person next to me who happened to be Sehun.

"Shit," Baekhyun cursed. I then noticed that all of them looked surprised. I turned to look at Sehun but I immediately froze in shock.

"Get out of here Paige." I don't know why but I automatically ran the moment Kai told me to.