Chapter 12

Sorry guys. This chapter took forever. Work was wild these past weeks and I literally was to exhausted to write even a sentence, but somehow I got my shit together today. This is more of a filler chapter, I still hope you guys like it.

The Great Hall was brimming with students. The smell of delicious food invading every corner of the Hall, as the sea of voices discussed the up coming Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin.

It was no secret that the relations between the two houses could be described as tense, but if it came to the day of an actual Quidditch match between them, it was punctuated by an even deeper sense of animosity. A sense of agitation lingered in the air, which was echoed by the running and angry yelling occurring in the Great Hall.

On these specific days the line between dislike and hate between the houses was blurred. On these days, the houses would loose most of their points, students would end up in detention, or the hospital wing, but nothing compared to the match itself. Just last year more than half of the players on each team had ended up in the hospital wing with broken bones.

"Look at them. They act like they're noble knights or something..." Normani mocked, rolling her eyes, as she watched a group of self-involved Gryffindor boys walk through the large doors of the Great Hall.

"You're just jealous, because you're a vile, Slytherin bully and not a perfect, golden lion like them." Camila joked.

"Pffft. Rather be a bully than a damn Gryffindor."

Like any other day the House-elf's had served a variety of dishes, free to choose from. Camila was munching on some nachos, while Normani opposite her stuck to a plate of vegetables.

"Anyway... Did your dress arrive yet?" Normani asked, while putting a fork of tomato in her mouth.

"My dress?" Camila questioned confused, as she scooped up a Nacho, dipping it all the way into the provided cheese. "What dress?"

Every year Hogwarts hosted an annual winter ball for everyone from 4th year up until their last. The ball was supposed to be seen as a kudos for their hard work even though for the 4th years it was more like a last dinner before they send out the dementors for a kiss, at least thats what if felt like to the two Slytherins. Once the ball was hosted, every point gained in class could count for their O.W.L.s, or rather if they would be allowed to stay in the classes they had signed up for.  

Since her first year Normani had dreamed of going to the ball. Hogwarts really went all out on the celebrations. They even invited bands sometimes, at least thats what she had heard. Knowing full well that Camila would rather stay in their common room, or go to the lake, then go to the ball, she decided to take Camila as her date, even though the girl had no idea yet.  

Ever since Camila's first year she had been vary of people asking her out, or making advances on her. Normani knew that even if someone would ask her out, Camila would straight out decline, but she wasn't going to go to the ball without her best friend, that much was clear. 

"Yes, your dress for the winter ball, duh." Normani didn't even bother to look at Camila as she stuffed another fork of food inside her mouth. "I wrote your Abuela 2 weeks ago to send over something hot, preferably something that accentuates your butt, not that it needs more accentuation, but... ."

"You what? Why did you do that?" Camila asked annoyed, letting herself sink into her seat in defeat. Normani knew that she didn't want to attend, plus its not like anybody had asked Camila to go in the first place.

"You need a dress... 'cause of course, my date will be the hottest chick on the dance floor."

"Who is your date and why would I need a ... ." Camila began to question confused, when her eyes went wide in realization. "Are you saying that I'll be your date?"