X ♛ 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖗𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖉

Start from the beginning

Head full of small explosions one after another, nausea hit him as like a tidal wave. A token of his wickedness. The ordeal and dread of his victims. All freshly setting on his mind. Mr. Hyde had somehow crossed the border of their mind again and sent that one unremembered memory pulsating through his nervous system. The real reason why his grandparents died.

It was... me who killed them, he thought, eyes running. I suffocated them with a pillow on the night of my eighteenth birthday. They never died naturally. Dimash sniffed and bent over, letting out an animal howl. Any spark of hope of a bloodless atonement he had been harboring went up in smoke, vanished in thin air.

It boiled down to one thing, one sentiment; this was the time when the light had died.

The hundred tears he cried helped the grass to grow.

The thousands of blood drops he drained left the souls astray.

But the pain he felt would only erode.

Hyde's presence felt even more intense than before, filled with derision. He even had the gall to speak ill of Dimash's loved ones. Look at you now, Dimash. Poor thing. How weak and pathetic you are. Tough life has left its marks on you, hasn't it? You remind me of the boy I killed yesterday... You know how loud he screamed?

Fuck you, Dimash responded. Fuck you and every inch of you.

That's a proper way to put it considering we share each one of those inches. But even his normally unrivaled sarcasm lacked its usual bite.

Something caught Dimash's attention from the corner of his eye. The window in his bedroom hung slightly ajar, calling out his name in whispers louder than the faraway din. Silky white curtains were barely brushing the wooden floor, putting Dimash into something akin to the trance. He stood up slowly, suddenly feeling completely calm. This grief had sneaked up on him but he could put an end to it immediately. At the best of times, he had never been this prepared for the evident.

Mr. Hyde had seemed to go through the same state of enlightenment because fright could now be discerned from his shrill voice: Dimash, you thought you could get away from me that easily?

Dimash didn't reply. He just approached the window growing more and more resolve the more Hyde failed to hide his apprehension. Don't you dare. I command you to stop, Dimash. That's leading nowhere. But his words seemed to have the exact opposite effect on Dimash.

At that moment, seeing his own reflection on the window glass he understood the depth of pain that had been sitting below his skin. The dark side of his personality was his reflection in the mirror laughing at him with a dark, evil, sinister, frightening and demonic laugh. That mockery no longer needed to be sustained. He could end it all here and now.

When you grow to hate this place, there's nothing else left. He was almost out of the window, seeing the traffic jam below his feet from the 20th floor. There was a mix of emotions surging through his body. He identified feelings of fear, sadness, and relief as he measured the distance between him and the ground. How long would the fall take? How long would he suffer before hitting the ground? How much would it hurt?

There was no way to stop Mr. Hyde. The only thing he could take to the grave with him was his pride in facing the death like a man. Mr. Hyde didn't want to die. Neither wanted Dimash. But what else was there for him?