Ⅵ ♛ 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓

Candles cast a faint, warm glow of light on the walls, the flame was dancing atop of the wick, and the heat had started to melt down the red wax it was embedded in. Dimash was sitting around a decked table at a small restaurant with a soothing atmosphere. His hands were picking at the white tablecloth inadvertently, just to cover up his nervousness. The black suit of Hyde's he was wearing was stifling.

When the minute hand had once again finished its circle around the clock, about to start a new one, the door opened. A girl with glittering high heels and dark brownish hair in a ponytail stepped in. Layla was wearing a golden gown made of satiny fabric, long and loose. She walked as lightly as an acrobat, gracefully like a queen. She had a beauty that made all those billboard-princesses look as paper-thin as they were, regardless of her stunning outer appearance, it was her bright smile that made Dimash's heart flutter.

Layla took the seat in front of him, the golden nail polish her fingers were painted with glinted in the flickering candlelight. She was beautiful indeed, not perfect, but beautiful in her own way. Beautiful to Dimash. "Good evening", Layla said smiling softly as her eyes roamed over her handsome partner. "You look good."

"You look gorgeous", Dimash said not knowing what else to say. He wanted to fill every pause and breath with chatter so that he wouldn't be so vexed. This was his first date ever so he was having a hard time, whereas Layla seemed completely relaxed. "What have you been up to lately?"

Layla adjusted the straps of her dress, applying another coat to her already golden lips. Dimash observed her every movement carefully. The way in which she implied what was going on in her mind was very vague. "Nothing special..."

"I'm surprised at how fast Tristan has improved", Dimash said, and luckily Layla seemed to be eager to engage in this conversation. On the first few circuits, the talk was shy, even though they had been knowing each other for a couple of months now. They discussed basic topics such as music, singing, literature, poetry, and art. It was nice to see that they had so much in common and shared the same interests.

Two hours passed quickly. "I have a sweet tooth", Layla laughed when she ordered another piece of chocolate cake. How come she was so skinny if she ate that much?

A guy on the other table raised a stink about why his food was cold, the waiter rushed over to them for an apology. The young girl tried to hide her frustration as the guy expressed himself with exuberant, flamboyant gesticulation. Feeling compassion for the female, Dimash ripped his gaze from them, turning back to Layla.

The girl had leaned over the table. Dazed, reeking in self-consciousness, Dimash couldn't help but stare at her luscious lips, wondering what it would feel like to kiss them passionately. As if on cue, Layla's red lips inched closer to his. Dimash proceeded to stroke her brown hair repeatedly and gently, and Layla clung to his shirt with all her power, lost in her own world. Ambient sounds faded. Dimash's slender fingers danced over her lips as he leaned forward for a kiss.

He saw his own reflection on the shiny surface of Layla's dark pupils. Or not his anymore. He froze in place. "Dimash?" Layla whispered. "Are you okay?" Her hand stopped halfway through. This can't be happening. Mr. Hyde has grown stronger in power.

"I just remembered something", Dimash mumbled. He stood up so quickly that the chair nearly fell on the floor. "Something really important. Sorry, I gotta go." Any better excuses could be made up in hindsight but at that moment his mind was as empty as a cloudless sky.

Disappointment flashed beneath Layla's offended expression but Dimash pretended to ignore it. His face remained stony as he paid the bill and left.