Ⅲ ♛ 𝕯𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖗

The night greeted Mr. Hyde with cold fresh air as he walked down the street that was teeming with people of different age groups and races. He would never be fed up with the busy tempo of city life. The few hours of time he had was marked with green numbers in his wrist watch that was ticking at the same pace with his pulse.

Nobody seemed to recognize or notice him. Nobody seemed to care about a tall clean-shaven man who looked like a gentleman in his black suit. He was exceptionally expert at staying in the shadows and going unnoticed.

From time to time bright lights threw saturated colors on his handsome face, highlighting his high cheekbones and strong jawline that God himself had perfectly molded. Although Dimash and Mr. Hyde looked alike, the latter one was objectively considered to have aesthetically more pleasing looks. Despite the lack of expression, his observant eye took in every detail and movement.

Brakes were screeching and cars were tooting all around him when he crossed the street by zigzagging through traffic. Offensive words were uttered with anger at his direction but they fell on deaf ears. Mr. Hyde wasn't that type of a person who cared about others' opinions.

Dimash always tried to fight him off in vain. He was such a naive and vulnerable little boy. Sharing the same body didn't mean that Mr. Hyde had warmed to him. In fact, he was like a machine that ran on logic alone. He was as empty with feelings as Dimash was filled; his emotions swirled like ocean currents. Sometimes they were dripping, sometimes fairly overflowing.

And today there had been a mind-blowingly strong feeling drifting way too far over the border of their mind. It was a spark of infatuation, or so Hyde supposed. And that was something he was highly allergic to.

Oh, how much he wished that he would've seen the one that captured the weak heart of Dimash. How fun it would've been to choke her to death, seeing the slowly disappearing light in her eyes as her breathing was hindered under pressure. Mr. Hyde was able to see the exciting scene in his mind's eye.

Every new incurable crack in Dimash's heart was a victory to Hyde and strengthened him. But as usual, there was a curtain between him and the hazy memories he tried to cling to.

Since Mr. Hyde was born in darkness, he could never see the light. Goodness didn't exist to him in the same way it did to others. But he believed that virtue, integrity or holiness could not be found in this world, in its purest form.

That's why people considered him cruel. To him, it was a thrilling way of life. And now it was his time to feast.

He made his way to a bar that stood in all its splendor at the corner of two narrow streets. The bright, red neon lettering on the otherwise plain facade of the building was inviting passersby to drop in. Mr. Hyde felt like every fiber of his being was vibrating in anticipation since it was his first time visiting this place. Last night he had been kicked out of the bar where he used to go regularly - of course, it was all his fault. Following rules to the letter wasn't just in his blood, unfortunately. But due to a tussle he had had with a pathetic drunkard, he wasn't allowed to enter there anymore.

The dark wooden floor squeaked as he stomped his way down the steep stairs that led him to a dimly lit, stuffy room. There was a lingering, unpleasant smell of whiskey and alcohol.

Mr. Hyde squinted his eyes at the deafening uproar. Looked like the volume button was stuck. Sounds of revelry came from males who were gulping their beers audibly, some cheering intoxicatedly while watching a soccer match broadcast. A few elders were hanging out together, sitting around scuffed tables that were flanking each side of the low ceiling room. Fits of laughter were shaking their frail bodies. The shabby walls were the same pale hue as a dirty shore. As if the color had faded over time.