IX ♛ 𝖂𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘

Three hours before midnight, Dimash felt his eyelids getting heavy and closing under the magical spell of sleep. His head rolled to his side, floppy hair covering his forehead. His breaths slowed down as he drifted away.

In his dreams, he travelled back in time to his dark childhood memories. His imagination and time merged, creating a story with a whit of difference to the reality but not twisting the truth too much.

He was seven years old when it started. The first time his darker side showed up was during the night after his parents had died. He had been crying himself to sleep, only to waken again. He remembered the feeling that had filled him back then like it happened yesterday.

Hyde was fed by the good deeds undone, whispering more words of aggravation and lulling him into a nightmare. Young and naive, he believed everything he said. Being half asleep and sleepwalking, Mr. Hyde led him toward their flowery garden that was enclosed with a white fence.

It felt like someone else had taken control over his body. There was a tiny animal rustling under the leaves, was it a blackbird or a squirrel? Not remembering how he managed to catch it but rather sensing its blood staining his hands and the metallic odor it produced.

Looking through the eyes of a benevolent and innocent child it, of course, looked fascinating. He couldn't understand the consequences of his nocturnal actions. He hadn't realized the death was a permanent threshold in life and one could never escape from it.

Being young and stupid too, he thought he could change his darker side. One sleepless night, Dimash asked him a question that would turn out to be an idiotic one in ten years' time: "Why do you kill animals?"

"For self-fulfillment", Mr. Hyde had replied neutrally. "Just like you enjoy music, I enjoy killing. It's kind of a hobby."

"But killing God's creations is wrong."

"Do I look like I care? My only purpose is to live my life the way I want. One day you'll understand it, Dimash." Since that day, Dimash stopped talking to Mr. Hyde. Their conversations had never born fruit anyway. Little by little, Mr. Hyde fell silent, leaving Dimash alone at night. He didn't seem to miss their meager discussions either. Not that it had bothered Dimash.

Lara Fabian was a singer that had inspired Dimash a lot since he was little. Whenever he was in a bad mood, her music would heal him... until the day she released a new song titled Mademoiselle Hyde. Dimash was personally offended by its lyrics that dealt with a woman who had two personalities. She surrendered to the darkness almost willingly and seduced her lover into hell with her.

He knew he was childish but every time the song played it gave him the creeps. At least Hyde found some new things to value when laughing at his skittishness.

From that day on, Dimash had called him Mr. Hyde.

"I must admit that I like the name you gave me, Dimash." Mr. Hyde stood in front of the window, taking in the beautiful nighty view of the city. Shining in clusters of both bold and faint light, the stars in the velvet sky were strung above him by invisible strings and the new moon hung beneath an eclipse of blazing constellation. The clarity above became reflected in his mind and he knew what to do. "You seriously thought those ropes would restrict me? I thought you were smarter than this..."

It was his time to throw a party at the expense of his fellow Dimash. Maybe he could also slit some throats open on the way. As a snack, you know.