Chapter 22: Physical Abilities

| 4 YEARS LATER |

"Yo, Glow! Wait up!" I heard Ana's voice.

A tap from behind me and behold that cheeky girl appeared.

"Ana! What took you so long?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

I only hoped she wasn't foolishly stalking some good looking kid somewhere.

"Urgh, don't even mention it. As usual it's that witch." Her eyebrows formed a frown.

I couldn't help but titter a little, "Come on, that stupid secretary isn't all that scary, you know?"

"Ha! To you, may be. You're the expert." Analise suspiciously stared at me, surveying me head to toe, "How do you hide so fast anyway? In fact, where do you hide? It's almost as though you vanish the moment that witch enters the room."

Even though she was dum- I mean, slightly more slow witted than most people, her intuition was spot on!

Over the course of the past four years, tricking Analise was easier than everyone else, but if her suspicion rose even a bit, then she was like the shadow of Sherlock Holmes.

Not to mention how her mouth ran faster than a horse. There was no way I would expose about the secret passageways to her of all people... The whole school will be in danger!

"I'm lucky, that's all. Besides everyone knows she is out to get me. I get help from others from time to time as well."

"And who might these 'others' be? I, for, one have never seen these people you speak of." Lucy attacked from the other side.

"Perfect," I thought to myself. "I dodge one bullet and out comes the other."

If Analise was the shadow, then Lucy was Sherlock in disguise. What a combo!

"Actually you have seen them, but you've never paid any attention to them." I pretended to avoid the main topic, "Besides, we all know that if someone as smart as you cannot find me, then Jo Lin will never be able to catch me!"

"Hmm~"

I hated that sound Lucy made. I was well aware what that tone of voice indicated. A knife to my throat, to be exact.

"Hahaha! So true!" Analise agreed with me, laughing heartily, not even understanding the hardships bubbling within me.

My stomach growled loudly in all this tension and from the way people around me snickered, I was sure everyone heard. I shrunk in embarrassment, not knowing what to cover... my face or my stomach.

As far as my two smartass friends were concerned, well, they laughed loudly along with the crowd.

"It is lunch break. Of course, I'm hungry... you girls are so cruel!" I muttered, feeling ashamed and fleeing towards the cafeteria ('lunch area' as they called it in this world).

__________
___

"Hello, Miss Adel, how are you?" I greeted Ms. Adel with a broad smile.

"Gloria! What a pleasant surprise! I see you're skipping class as usual."

It's not like she's ever reprimanded me for not going, but I couldn't help feeling guilty every time she said that. Somehow, the more I compared her to my grumpy mother back home, the less they seemed alike.

"I can't help it. Your Secretary has too much time on her hands to stalk me." I winked at her, stating my recent problems.

"I understand what you're implying... let's see what I can do." Miss Adel winked back and nodded.