Chapter 11.5: No More Secrets! (2)

"I, Thank you, Your Highness!" Dad cheered and shouted out loud.

"No, no, it's the least I can do..." Charles replied, feeling guilty about something.

Fred just sat there quietly. He didn't say a thing... he'd been like that for a while now. I thought I'd ask him, but the time wasn't right.

"You are indeed the best suitor for my angel, Carmine!" Dad brazenly stated.

My jaw dropped, "What?" I asked, shocked and staring viciously at Fred.

He produced a sheepish simper on his face and nodded, 'yes'.

I sighed as heavily as possible. I felt a bulldozer just ran over me. It was horrible! My stomach churned and all I felt was pure agony.

Truth be told, I really wanted to burst out in rage and say all kinds of rude things... even if I had to burn down the entire castle... that seemed okay.

However, a chill ran over me, and for some reason I abandoned the thought. I was helpless and I needed the answers. This time, even if I'm in the wrong and I'd have to die anyway, I wanted to know the reason... unlike before.

So I stayed quiet for most of dinnertime. A few conversations were thwarted here and there, but I just had my fill of the meal and never joined any of the topics. Soon afterwards, I was in my bed, thinking things through.

_______
___

"...!"

I fell out of my bed, panting and whizzing hysterically. It was such a peaceful dream... that I've forgotten completely thanks to these horrible knocks!

Furious and drowsy, I open the door and screamed, "Okay, which bastard is dumping their ass, here at this hour!?!"

It took a while to register, after my bawl, to recognize the two men in front of me. My face literally turned pale purple to blue to white. My head was spinning as I remained utterly silent. Even my heart rate was accelerating...

It was the Crown Prince!

Fred was frightened, or at least he seemed to be, while he stood beside the prince with a face of a statue. He was sweating all over himself.

I took a gulp of fear inside my stomach. I stood still and finally... sighed.

I remembered about the engagement of Charles and Carmine again. That's when that irritating feeling stumbled upon me.

"I could care less what he thinks of me now..." I thought to myself as I unconsciously glared at the dark prince.

Suddenly, Fred popped up and I got distracted. He took hold of me and they both came inside.

"Excuse us~" They carelessly pronounced in complete harmony.

Now I was FURIOUS!

I fought off Fred, who was squishing me in his arms. I glared at him and then turned my attention back at that devious dark prince.

Who knows what caught his attention, but all he said was, "If you're looking for your big brother George, then he is not here."

"Eh?" I was caught off guard.

"Oh yeah," Fred joined the conversation, "where is little George, anyway?"

"With the King." The Dark prince replied with a frown.

"Situation?"

"Something like that."

"How long until he's back?" I intervened their unusual conversation.