06. It's Time

Noah graduated from school that Friday afternoon which was celebrated by heading to the local diner in town with just the three of them.

"So what's the plan now, hot-shot graduate?" said Jason cheerfully slapping Noah on the back.

"There's a big party going down tonight at Aston's house. I suggest you don't wait up for me," he said with a wink.

"And I suggest you crash there for the night," suggested Jason.

"Don't you want me home, you know, just in case?" asked Noah nervously.

"The last thing we need is your drunk ass stumbling in and setting Vincent off," chimed in Riley taking a big gulp of her vanilla milkshake and stuffing her face with french fries.

"I swear you're like a bottomless pit," Noah said pointing at her almost empty plate.

"What can I say, I'm a growing woman," Riley choked out, her mouth still half full of fries.

"Riley's right, I don't want to risk anything. I'm not an idiot, I know you'll be drinking. I would do the same. Stay at Ashton's tonight or one of your friends places," insisted Jason.

"Can do sir," replied Noah with a salute.

"But seriously, what are your plans now Noah?" Riley asked curiously. She hadn't really thought about Noah's future before which was a bit selfish of her. She didn't think she could see Noah going to college.

"I was actually thinking of following in our brothers footsteps," he replied sheepishly.

"You were?" question Jason. At least Riley wasn't the only one who didn't know his plans. I guess they all had other worries to take care of.

"Yeah, maybe you can teach me the ropes. Who knows, we could maybe open our own garage one day? Fixing cars with my brother sounds like a pretty good life to me," Noah said sheepishly.

If she wasn't mistaken Riley could see the sparkling of Jason's eyes as he stared out the window. "Yeah, that sounds like a pretty good life to me too."

***

Riley sat on the edge of her bed thinking carefully about what she wanted to take with her. Her razor blades were a must which were now stowed away in her purse ready for their quick getaway.

She had positioned a few things to the forefront on her shelves such as the old picture of her mom and brothers. Apart from the photo and a necklace her brothers gave her she really didn't have much that held sentimental value.

Thinking back on her life she realised she never really wanted much. To be honest, she never thought this moment would come when she would be free from Vincent's grasp.

Just two more days, she thought to herself.

A knock interrupted her thoughts at the bedroom door, followed by Jason popping his head in.

"I thought maybe we could watch a movie in my room tonight and we could have an... I don't know...sleepover of sorts. You know, since Noah's having his own party. Only if you want," asked Jason rubbing the back of his neck in nervousness.

Riley let out a small laugh seeing right through his intentions. "You could have just said that you're tired of sitting outside my bedroom door for most of the night."

"You knew?" Jason responded slightly shocked.

"I had an inkling," replied Riley. "But sure, a sleepover sounds nice."

"Hey, why don't you ever have sleepovers at your friends places?" He asked curiously.

"It's just not our thing," lied Riley. The truth was she never got close enough to anyone at school for them to invite her anywhere, much less a sleepover. The only people in her life she was close to were her two brothers and she had trouble just letting them into her life.