She also couldn't imagine being in there while it burned and knowing your whole family was going to burn too. She felt sympathy for the previous alpha Peter Hale; if anything would make someone go insane with rage, it was that.

She was dragged out of her thoughts when she was literally dragged to a set of bushes and pulled down behind them. She finally focused and saw Scott hanging upside down by his ankle from a trip-wire with hunters approaching.

She heard one man talking to Scott and she wondered if that was Allison's father, Chris Argent. She gave Allison inquisitive eyes and the girl nodded.

She heard Argent say something about amputating at the waist. She wondered if hunters were really that cruel. Scott was just a teenage boy, not a monster; he didn't deserve this type of prejudice just because he got turned into a werewolf against his will.

She was fuming. She wanted to stand up and defend Scott but she knew that would be bad for everyone, including herself, so she didn't.

The hunters left and they were quick to come out of their hiding spot to help Scott. But before they could even help him, Scott had cut the tripwire with his claws and landed on his feet.

"Cool," she wished she had that kind of agility as she looked at Scott in awe.

Scott smirked at her before he looked down and muttered proudly, "I'm cool."

But it wasn't quiet enough.

"Yeah, Scott, you're really the cool kid of the year," Stiles rolled his eyes.

"Guys," Allison interrupted their banter as she shook her head at them. "Finding Lydia."

And they continued on with their search for Lydia Martin.

________

They didn't find Lydia which meant a naked girl was still wondering around the woods. And, supposedly, from Stiles's very graphic report in the morning she ate a dead person's liver.

Stefan was with her when she heard what Stiles was saying. He was wary of these werewolves; they seemed like a ticking time bomb and he wasn't sure if their bites were lethal to vampires like the ones at home were.

He wanted to be disgusted that Lydia ate a liver but he couldn't really judge. He'd torn people into pieces before and he drank from animals.

"Guys, she ate a liver," Stefan said. "It's not the worst thing in the world. Just be glad she didn't kill anyone. But the longer she's out there, the chances of that increase."

"You are widely pessimistic, aren't you?" Stiles stated.

"It is a concern, Stiles," Eira defended her twin before grabbing Stefan's arm and dragging him along with her. "I'll see you two later."

__________

Later that day Stefan walked down the halls of the school when he heard two girls talking rudely about Allison who was literally right across from them in the hall. He stopped and spoke to them.

"Hey," he got the two girls' attention and they blushed at him. "How rude can you two be? Maybe you can think before you two speak in public."

Their faces went pale and they started to stutter out an apology but he ignored them. Instead, he walked over to Allison.

"Are you alright?" Stefan asked.

She turned towards him trying to keep her composure and nodded, "Thank you."

"Ignore them. Their opinions don't matter. Only the people close to you," he said gently. "Personally, I don't think your aunt's sanity has anything to do with yours."

Allison smiled slightly before looking up at him, "You're Eira's brother, aren't you? Stefan?"

"That would be me."

"I see where she gets her kindness from," Allison mused before she sighed and started to walk away. "Thanks, again."

"Anytime," she heard him reply.

_________

The funeral of Kate Argent was after school. Eira felt bad that Allison had to mourn her aunt but the older woman did do a lot of bad deeds. Stiles called her after that, in the night, saying that he found Lydia and that she didn't remember anything from her time running around in the woods.

Before she went to bed, she got a bad feeling. Goosebumps erupted on her skin and the little hairs on her arms rose. Her chest felt tight and inside, she felt nothing but dread.

Eira had gotten these feelings before and they had all happened right before someone she knew died. She seemed to have a sense for death and her sense was right because at that very moment Gerard Argent, an unassuming old man, was declaring war and he planned for nothing but death.

AN: last night I did so much planning on this story. I'm really excited.