Chapter Eleven

Aric
I got close to our territory where I saw two royal guards who froze when they saw me. They approached me who kept a serious expression.

"Prince Aric." One do the guards said as he cane to my side.

"I need to have a word with my father." I demanded with a serious expression

"Of course." The second guard responded and escorted me to Atlantica.

I was led to where I saw my father sitting and my sisters comforting him. When they heard the guards shouting that their prince has returned, my father looked up and then gave a face of relief.

Father looked worn out and exhausted but even with that he smiled at the sight of me and then tried to hug me but I avoided his embrace. Father looked at me in surprise then tried to touch my face but I hit his hand away. I stared into his eyes with anger and hate from knowing the truth. My sisters tried to walk forward but I shouted.

"Stop! How could you all lie to me! You've all been lying to me for the past sixteen years!"

"Aric what are you talking about?" Father asked and tried to touch me but I hit his hand again making everyone to be shocked.

"Uriel told me the truth. What you did to him?"

"Aric whatever Uriel told you was a lie."

"That isn't true. Uriel doesn't lie. He keeps secret but he doesn't lie." I stated then I looked at my father and sisters.

"Leave us. All of you including you girls." Father commanded then everyone slowly started to leave.

"Aric everything I and your mother did we did it for you."

"Don't give me that crap! Is that why you never wanted me to leave Atlantica?" Father was silent but his eyes told me everything.

"Why father? Uriel is suffering but you don't care so long as your ego is satisfied. I can't stay here knowing what my father has done." I stated then I swam past my father.

"Aric what are you doing?"

"Staying away from the ocean. If my father could sell his friend out then he can do the same to his supposed soulmate." I responded then I took the trident.

Before father could do anything, I took it and then a blast came out from the trident which pushed my father away. I swam to the surface with the trident. I then saw my father behind me then I took the trident and tossed at my father.

"Father if you don't want me to hate you then please let me go. Let me be human." I requested as my father looked at the trident in his hand.

"Child I hope you can look into your heart and forgive me for my sins. If I had known this would hurt our relationship then I wouldn't but if this is what you want then I'll give you what you want." Father said then he pointed the trident at me.

I felt the power of the trident flowing through me. I slowly felt my tail dividing into legs and then I saw myself getting clothed by the magic as I slowly walked to the surface. When my transformation was done, I was on land. I turned back to see my father give me a sad smile and then he went back into the ocean.

I knew how legs walked but it had been long since I used them so it felt a bit wobbly but I regained stamina. I then looked up the moment and saw Eric who looked surprised to see me again. I nervously stood up and gave him a shy smile.

"Hey Eric."

"Aric you came back. I thought I'd never see you again." Eric said excitedly as he walked up to me.

"I also thought the same thing. I guess I have a lot of explaining to do."

"Yes you do but that can wait. We should head back, everyone will be glad to have you back safe and sound."

I slowly went up to Eric who offered his hand which I took and went back to his mansion. Most people were surprised to see me back, some happy and then very few worried since the Uriel incident. I was glad that it was only Eric who knew that I was a merman. For my return, they had a little celebration which was fun but then I felt empty and all I could think of was how lonely Uriel must be feeling.

"Aren't you enjoying your party?" Eric asked then he sat beside me.

"Not really. Parties aren't really my thing."

"Wanna explain what happened then?" He asked then I looked at my nervous hands which Eric held before I looked at him.

"I'm a merman. Or was." I answered his question.

I explained everything from when I saved Eric to the moment now. Eric held my hand in a manner that was warm and comforting without interrupting my explanation.

"I understand. I'm sorry you had to go through all that yourself." He apologized with this sincere look.

"You didn't do anything so you don't have to apologize."

"So tell me more about your home Atlantica." Eric requested trying to make me see the good side of it.

Atlantica was a city decorated in gold and silver. It housed a lot of merpeople and fishes and we had so many celebrations and songs. We were cheerful people and the royal family were direct descendants of gods especially Poseidon who apparently is my grandfather that left his trident in my father's hand to rule. I told him of how culture though merfolks were predators especially to humans, my kind which were descendants of gods were actually different and chose to eat whatever we feel fit but we're more fruitarians and vegetarians.

"That's so interesting. So the trident never leaves your father."

"Never. If it gets into the wrong hand, it could cause a lot of harm." I replied then he nodded in agreement.

We had fun talking to each other and I was glad Eric got to know the truth. The party had ended not long after, leaving only me and Eric behind as the servants cleaned up. I was walking with Eric around when he started looking into my eyes. He then placed his hand on my hair but he never broke his gaze from my eyes.

I was feeling shy that I couldn't say more as Eric slowly approached my lips. I wanted him to kiss me but then I suddenly thought of Uriel. I couldn't shake him off my mind so I placed my hand to hold back Eric who looked confused. Even I was confused with what I was doing.

"I'm sorry Eric but this is all a little too soon. I'm not ready yet." I said as I put down my hands.

"I understand. I'll be patient and take it easy." Eric replied but have a disappointed look.

"Are you angry at me?"

"Sadly no, just disappointed a little but I respect your decision." He responded then I looked away shyly.

Eric had walked me to the door of my room before he wished me goodnight. He pecked me on my cheeks making me blush and then he left. I entered my room and laid down with a sigh. I was supposed to be happy when I came back to the surface so why was I feeling empty? I thought of that as I admired the ocean and the only one that kept coming to my head was just Uriel.

I just hope your okay?