Chapter Fifteen

This chapter is best to listen to Everything I need as you read Aric's Pov. It fits the mood.
When you get to the part where the battle begins in Aric's Pov please listen Warriors by Imagine Dragons.

Uriel
I heard my voice then I turned back to look around but I saw no one or heard my name.

Weird. I thought as I continued walking towards the inn I stayed. I had just collected what I needed and sat down to plan how I was to carry out my plan to rescue my mate unharmed. I looked out the window and then stared at the sunset.

Tomorrow is the day.

I got to the beach with the trident on my back wrapped in clothes. I stood out of sight so that I could be sure the human prince would exchange my mate for the trident.

I saw as the prince walked closer and closer to the beach with three men beside him. I stepped out and then looked at the human who gave me a bored look.

"Get out of here! I ordered that no man set foot on the beach today." The human prince talked as I clicked my tongue to his arrogance.

"I won't leave without my mate. Give me my mate and I'll give you the trident." I said they all looked at me in surprise.

"Uriel?" I heard one of the men, the fat one call my name.

I looked at him closely to know who he was. I did a small chant to see he had a curse in him that revealed what he was. A sea serpent I knew too well.

"Ivan." I responded as the prince and the other man looked at both of us.

"Benedict what is all this?" The prince asked as Benedict signaled the men to come closer.

A man brought my mate who had a knife to his throat as he looked at me in surprise.

"Uriel!" He shouted and hit the guard who held him but another held his wrist and pulled him to his body.

I clenched my hand tightly and then brought out the trident from me. The prince also looked surprised that Benedict betrayed him and shouted for the guards who were clearly Benedict's to seize him.

Benedict laughed as two of his guards held the prince. Benedict walked up to Eric and laughed.

"Now whose the scapegoat." He said as he walked towards me.

"The trident Uriel and you can have your mate back. Alive." He stated clearly as I looked at Aric who shook his head.

"No! His going to kill you Uriel! Don't give it to him!" Aric shouted before one of the guards hit him in the guts making me angry.

"Come on Uriel, you don't have a choice. Your mate or the trident?" Benedict said calmly making me to clench the trident tightly.

I handed Benedict the trident and immediately, he started to laugh as the sky got darker. He was still admiring the trident when I took out daggers and threw at his men holding my mates. They fell to the ground as I defended my mate.

I saw my mate run to Benedict as they both struggled over the trident. I couldn't help my mate since there were much humans working for Uriel. I was about to be stabbed when the human Prince Eric defended me.

"Seems you'll need my assistant." He said as he stabbed the man behind me.

I turned to my mate and saw him grab the trident but the Benedict took a sword and started to fight my mate who used the trident to defend himself.

I slashed my opponents throat as I ran quickly to defend my mate. My Aric from the hands of a cruel serpent. I watched as Benedict's sword became more forceful making my mate's defense sloppy. Benedict finally hit the trident away from my tiny mate and before I knew it, I teleported right in front of my mate and was stabbed from the my chest to the back of my body.