Chapter Nine

Aric
I was happy that Uriel was finally back because I was tired of listening to Sly and Rascal trying to be funny or trying to sing with those cold voices. I saw that Uriel seemed to give me space like he was afraid I'd hurt him which I would but I can't do it.

"Took you long enough." I said as I folded my hands.

"I had to deal with something." He replied as he stayed close to the shadows.

"Then you won't mind me asking what you did to me?"

"Nothing."

"I'm not a child who can be fooled from little jokes."

"If it's about the spell see it as a security checkmate." He replied then he came out of the shadows.

"Well you do know one of these days my father will find you."

"Till then I'll enjoy what little life I have left." He replied then he swam pass me.

I followed him to a room where he had done that spell that turned me human. I saw him arrange his new stash with Rascal and Sly and then just watched from the distance.

"Uriel is handsome." I thought as I admired his biceps that flexed when he moved. Uriel seemed to notice me staring at him and then smirked before he continued what he was doing.

I was lost in thoughts of Uriel that I didn't know he was calling me till I felt one of his tentacles on my hand startling me as I blinked rapidly.

"My little mate where was your mind off to?" He asked as he gave me that flirty look.

"No-no where." I stammered as I felt my cheeks flush. Uriel smiled and then he came towards me.

"Come mate I want to show you something." He said as he offered his hand to me.

"I told you I'm not your mate."

"OK I understand." He said then raised his brows before I accepted his hand.

He led me to a part not so far from the portion room. It was dark till he went up to remove the object covering the source of light. When he did I was marveled by what he had in the room.

There were a lot of human gizmos that I excitedly swam and started to touch and look at them. I knew some of these stuffs name like the clock, plates, gold, lantern and etcetera. It was so amazing to see he had a lot of things than the ones I collected. I paused when I noticed his style of arrangement was so similar to how I arranged mine. I looked at him as he stared on a pocket watch.

"This is really wonderful." I complimented it then he looked at me and nodded.

"But?" It was like he knew me.

"This arrangement is too familiar. How long have you been observing me?"

He stared at me then he closed his eyes and then opened it and then sighed.

"Since you were born." He responded surprising me.

"Since I was born?" He nodded to my disbelief.

"I knew you were my mate before Athena conceived you." He replied then I looked around.

If he knew we were mates since then why didn't he come around? Why was my father so against him?

"This is really beautiful but it's not like mine. It's incomplete." I said as I remembered something important.

"What should I do to make it complete?"

"Well my former treasure store had my mother's music shell. That is the only thing that I have of my mother. The only song I can remember from the short time we spent together." I said then my eyes turned sad.