Chapter Six

Ariel
I woke up excitedly as I went down the stairs to look for Eric. I was surprised when everyone was quiet and gathered around someone. I was curious so I went forward where I saw Eric smiling and beside him was a beautiful woman.

She had long black hair, purple eyes and pale skin was beside Eric giving off the most insincere smile I've ever seen but all these humans seemed oblivious to her fake smile and bitter sweetness.

I went towards Eric who then paused and then smiled at me before he left the lady's side to my side. He placed his hand on my shoulders then pulled me close to her.

"Aric I'd like you to meet the lady I wanna marry, Vanessa. Will you give us your blessing?" Eric requested but then I couldn't accept that I had lost.

It was painful that I didn't want to stay there anymore and then I just ran away without looking at Eric or anyone outside of the palace to the ocean.

"I shouldn't have ever hoped Eric to love me back. I'm a fool for thinking so. Eric only loves women who are beautiful and have long hair." I thought then I fell on the sand and then crawled up to a rock where I cried to my heart content.

I was finally going to lose everything. I lost my home, my voice, my tail and now I was finally going to lose Eric. All I just wanted was to crawl up in a whole and never come out.

When I was done crying, I looked at the ocean and then I walked to the ocean. I didn't bother looking back and I knew that going in there would kill me since I didn't have gills to breathe.

I was so close to being completely engulfed when I paused my thoughts and then walked out. I couldn't give up for no reason at all. I haven't even put up a proper fight to battle for Eric's heart because who ever this lady was, she didn't have good intentions for Eric.

I ran back to the palace where I heard them saying that the wedding was going to take place tomorrow during sundown. I was determined to get Eric to myself then I went to the room that I was told Vanessa stayed in.

I took a little peek at the key hole but I couldn't see anything so I looked to see Sebastian coming closer.

"Prince Aric." Sebastian said but I placed a finger on lips making him to keep quiet.

I pointed at him then gave a look out sign by placing my hand on my forehead and looking left to right then I did a female shape and pointed at the room.

"You want me to spy at Vanessa?" He asked and I nodded. He wanted to disagree but I knocked on the door before I heard Vanessa open the door.

She didn't give a sincere smile to others but she gave to me and something about her felt oddly familiar. I also felt that calling I did when I was with Uriel on her but as usual, I didn't bother listening to it and just waved at her.

She looked at me suspiciously then I signalled for Sebastian to enter. He did much to my relief and Vanessa still looked like she was trying to comprehend my facial expressions.

I waved in a sorry expression and then stretched fort my hand to shake her as the humans do. She then smiled and then shook my hand back in a gentle manner.

I then left her standing at the door as I put all my hopes on Sebastian to find out what she's up to.

Sebastian
I entered the room just as the prince wanted me to do and then hid behind the curtains away from her sight. She then closed the door and then gave a sincere smile that made me doubt anything suspicious about her.

She went to the front of the mirror and then viewed her reflection which made me to shriek softly. It was Uriel, that nasty wicked sea wizard I knew too well.

If you asked what our history was, I would never mention because he wasn't worthy of it. He was despicable and cruel that resulted in him being cursed to what he was now or so I heard.

"Just one more day and I'll finally be close to my mate." She said with that wickedly voice as she laughed then arranged her hair.

I couldn't let this happen so as I was sneaking out of the room. She saw me and then threw something at me making me freeze.

"I should have known it was you. You never wanted Aric to be happy." I exposed him making him scoff.

"Even if Aric did end up with the prince, his conscience won't let him be so free with the human."

"What do you mean?" I asked making Uriel to laugh as she sat down on a chair.

"Sebastian, stupid, loyal and unquestionable Sebastian. Triton really has a strong hold on you that you can't even reason on why Triton banished me." He vaguely explained making me more confused.

Triton wasn't a cruel king. He banished Uriel for his wicked acts and the fact that he betrayed our people too but it seemed like he knew more than he let on.