Ch 98: Remodeling

Sang

Victor emerged from the hospital bathroom dressed in a pair of dark grey jogging pants and a loose white sweatshirt. "This is a full house," he said as he sat down on the side of the bed, his eyes sweeping over me, North, Luke, Silas, Mr. Blackbourne and Sean. "What's the occasion?"  

"Mr. Buble has lifted the rest of the security restrictions," Mr. Blackbourne stated. "And Mr. Lee finished the last of his treatments before lunch."

"What Owen was saying," Sean cut in, "is that if you're ready, we thought we might get out of here."

Mr. Blackbourne shot him a look. "I was getting to that."

"Yeah, but I got there faster." Sean moved closer to Victor, examining his face and jaw. "The swelling is down quite a bit; everything looks a lot better. But how are you feeling?"

"My jaw is still sore, and my head's hurting a little, but overall I feel better," Victor responded. 

"Are you okay with moving out?" Luke asked. 

Mr. Blackbourne and North both shot him a look.

"What?" Luke asked. "He knows what happened."

North leaned over to chop him on the head. 

"He's right; I know what happened." Victor fingered the medallion around his neck. "My parents made their choice; so have I. Things have been tense for a long time; I'm relieved that something's finally happened."

"Gabriel and Nathan are already at Nathan's," North explained. "They're fixing up Nathan's dad's room for you."

Victor frowned. "I hope they're not doing too much. Gabe's already not feeling well, and we don't need to make too many changes in case Mr. Griffin decides to show up."

"We know," Mr. Blackbourne stated. "Mr. Coleman is supposed to do the minimum."

Luke laughed. "Gabe doesn't know how to do the minimum."

"Luke's right," North said with a groan. "And I don't know how long Nate can hold him back. We need to get over there before too long."

"Can we stop at my house on the way?" Victor asked. "I mean, my parents' house. I need to get a few things I forgot last night. My parents should both be at the last minute strategy meeting for the concert."

"Are you sure that's where they'll be?" Silas asked.

"I can make sure." Victor grabbed his phone and started swiping through it. "They're definitely gone. We can be in and out without any problem."

"Don't stop unless you are sure," Mr. Blackbourne cautioned. "Our attorneys have filed for a temporary restraining order, but I'd prefer not to provoke your parents, especially before the final paperwork is completed."

"They're gone for a few hours." Victor put down his phone. "Besides, I won't get much. We can get the big stuff later once we figure things out."

"If you're feeling up to it, you're good to go," Sean said. "Just take it easy."

"I will," Victor promised. "We won't be at my parents' house for long."

"Very well." Mr. Blackbourne buttoned his jacket as he stood. "Just in case, Mr. Korba and the younger Mr. Taylor will go with you. Safety in numbers."

"What should I do?" Luke asked. 

"I was getting to that," Mr. Blackbourne assured him. "You will take Miss Sorenson and Mr. Lee home. Dr. Green and I have a few things to do, but we'll reconvene at Mr. Griffin's house in a few hours. That will give everyone enough time to finish their errands and allow Mr. Morgan and Mr. Lee to get a little rest."