Ch 36: A Tale of Two Deliveries

A/N: Here we go—another stab at trying a non-Kota or Sang POV. Please let me know what you think, positive or negative.

Thanks for reading and voting! Please enjoy! This chapter goes out to @TraceyYoung4.

(This starts at about the same time as the previous chapter.)

Gabriel

Sang tiptoed out of Kota's den. "Sean's in the middle of examining Kota. I don't think he's very happy we were up so late last night," she said.

I figured it was probably more like he wasn't happy his patient was up so late. Dr. Green was extra protective of us when we were hurt or sick. "Oh, is Kota in trouble? I thought that was your area."

Sang swatted at me, the overly long sleeve of the Kota's sweatshirt flopping as she did. "You're such a meanie!"

"That fucking sweatshirt." I had gone in to lay out clothing for Sang this morning, and all I found was clothing that was out of season. She had said it didn't matter as we would be hanging around Sunnyvale Court for most of the time. But with the Blackbourne team, such things were never a certainty. It was best to be prepared, so we were going to Nathan's to get some warm weather items and restock her overnight bag.

I helped her on with her jacket before we went outside. She stood on the back deck, delighting in the return of the sun. I was glad to see the sunlight after last night's harsh storm, but that didn't mean it wasn't cold. It was Charleston, but even Charleston in January was colder than I would like.

I pulled my scarf around me and tied it in a jaunty knot as I looked out on the street. As we had been taught by the Academy, we should always be aware of our surroundings. By now, it was ingrained.

Erica's SUV was in the garage with Kota's car on the other side of the driveway. For a second, I thought about taking Kota's car to Nathan's; I didn't care that it wasn't that far away and my brothers would laugh.

But I couldn't do that. Sang wanted to take a walk in the sunlight and breathe in fresh air i. I had no problem with the sun and the walk, though I was sore from doing hours yesterday. Shit, I don't want to have to walk through the fucking woods with all of that. . .outside shit. Creatures and dirt--so much dirt. Wet dirt, so mud. Yuck. The sacrifices I made for this girl!

Behind Kota's car was Dr. Green's purplish Honda; he would be leaving soon, on the way to the hospital.  And there, out in the street, not hidden very well among some trees and parked on the side of the street was an ugly sedan.

G*ddamn, can't we get a little peace? First he's at the hospital and now he was here?  I pulled out my phone; I needed to let everyone know that our tail was back.

Sang put a gloved hand on top of my arm. "Meanie, what's going on?" she asked.

I hit the button, the phone whooshing as my text was sent. "Looks like we've got company." I nodded at where Mr. Morris was parked.

Her shoulders fell. "He hasn't been around much since Kota got hurt. If he's following Kota, it's a waste of time."

"I know." I held up my phone. "I'm waiting for further directions."

"Maybe I should go ask Mr. Morris what he wants," Sang said. "It's worked before. I could tell him we aren't doing anything. Maybe he would leave."

"Uh uh. No fucking way are you causing trouble on my watch, Trouble!" My phone sounded with an answer.

Mr. Blackbourne: Do not engage Mr. Morris. Let's let him stew in his boredom. I would prefer him to be there rather than elsewhere. Of course, do not let him see you and Miss Sorenson.