A Confession At Last

Start from the beginning

After a while, Felice stopped dead in her tracks. "Wait... do you guys sense that? I'm finding it harder to access my power..."

"You... you are...?" Dai asked her, his eyes full of worry. "Oh, n-no-! What if we have to fight?!"

"No, this could be a good thing-!" Ackley tried to assure everyone, but only managed to convince Felice. "Think about it... the professor has a mental ability. So does Felice. If Felice's powers are beginning to weaken, then maybe we're getting close to where they're keeping him!"

"They would need to keep him at bay," mumbled Dai, "Otherwise he'd escape!"

"I'll lead you to where I think it is..." Felice nodded, "... Just trust me, okay?"

Felice began pulling the other two again on a blind search party. It was beginning to concern them that they hadn't managed to run into anyone. How did they manage to keep the place so clean?

They eventually came upon the cell that was holding Clarence. Only, the door had been forced open from the inside. Dai had never been more confused.

"Uh, we're sure that he doesn't have any strength related powers?" Ackley chuckled, "Either way... this is... new...?"

Dai pointed to a trail of knocked over furniture. "Um... maybe he headed that way! I know I would be angry if they locked me up!"

Ackley and Felice nodded and followed the trail. Dai seemed to be more confident in his movements, possibly due to the hope of finding Clarence.

They eventually reached a dead end. At first, they thought that all hope was lost. However, Ackley soon pointed out that they were just being dumb.

"Hey, um... is that a hand underneath that bookshelf?" he said.

Felice gasped and rushed towards the bookshelf. "Quick, help me get these books off of him!" she cried.

As Felice and Dai moved the books away, Ackley used a nearby plant to push the bookshelf up. Eventually, they removed enough books to reveal Clarence, knocked unconscious.

"What even happened here-?" Dai mumbled, propping Clarence against the wall. "D-Do you think he'll wake up-?!"

"Of course he will," Ackley smiled at him, "I, ah... maybe he went a little insane in there. I know I would, especially with no plants to keep me company!"

Clarence eventually awoke, his mind a blur. "Wh... A-Ackley? Dai? Felice?!" he cried, sitting up straight.

"P-Professor-!" Dai teared up and hugged him. "What happened to you...? Where's your headpiece?"

"I-I... they had me locked up in that thing, unable to use my powers," Clarence explained, hugging each of them. "I think I almost went insane! I had to take off my headpiece just to stop myself from exploding. I, uh... I'll try not to wear it anymore. I made a promise to someone..."

"That's nice," said Felice, attempting to pull him up. "But we have your future wife and the others to worry about! They're going to try and fight Morana's parents!"

Clarence's eyes widened. "Luella... but they'll hurt themselves-! They're doing all of this because of me...?!"

"We couldn't let you get hurt, Professor!" Ackley grinned, "Can you sense where they are? You'll be able to find them quicker than we can."

He nodded. "Follow me. I'll try to keep you safe... but we'll have to hurry."

The group ran towards the others, wanting to stop them from being harmed too much. Unfortunately, they were already too late.