21 || Squad Levi

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 122614 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100717 ❞

⚔═══════════════════⚔

You don't know how happy Levi is, now that Erwin won't forbid him from staying away from you. As soon as he spotted you, he gathered everyone to talk about the upcoming expedition.

"What is this about? The Expedition?" You ask.

"Yes, what do you think?" Auruo says, raising an eyebrow.

"Just asking." You say, shrugging it off.

You all gathered around, brainstorming the whole afternoon. It was all about positioning, strategies, and other stuff like that. As the meeting came to an end, you and Eren decided to do some sparring and then rested by a nearby tree.

"The days drag on fast, huh?" Eren asks.

"Yeah, it sure does." You reply.

"It was only like yesterday since everyone found out I was a titan." Eren says.

Or maybe it was yesterday." You said, being sarcastic.

"It was?" Eren questions.

"Nope, I was just kidding. Geez, Eren." You say.

⚔═══════════════════⚔

You were truly grateful to be a part of Squad Levi. With all honesty, you learned a lot of things. Three things to be exact.

1. Squad Levi protects each other.

You were on your way to the mess halls. When you entered, Jean slung his arm around you. You told him to stop, but he never did. Practically, you were already screaming and pushing him off but he thinks you're just playing around.

That's when Gunther helped you out. He told Jean to stop, and he obeyed. You thanked Gunther and he pats your head.

Squad Levi is a family for you, and you have to protect each other.

2. Once part of Squad Levi, always part of Squad Levi - except when you're dead.

Once you're in, you're never out. The Squad is composed of great people, they will treat you right. No need to explain further on that one, it was actually pretty obvious.

3. It taught you one of the most valuable things in life, LOVE.

It was actually pretty good for you since you've learned to control your emotions better. They all showed love through their actions, and you did the same to them as well. Even Levi, who rejected you, showed love as a Squad Leader.

Levi is being friendlier now, even though he doesn't want to be called the term "friendly". He stands as a fatherly figure to the squad. Everyone is fine with it, except Petra though.

As for the said girl, you and Petra became close friends. Ever since then, you found out she had the same crush as you. You wanted to feel happy for her so you tried to support her, but it never really worked. Even if you said you'll be happy, at the end of the day, you still get hurt. You wanted to show Petra you care, but you couldn't do it because you wanted to be with him too.

And as you continue to support Petra, instead of her getting the advances, it was you who did.

So... SUCCESS!

⚔═══════════════════⚔

You dressed up in your uniform and adjusted your gear. Today was the day of your first expedition. You took a deep breath and went out to find your horse. On the day, you see Eren walking to the stables as well. You ran to catch up with him and you greet each other.

"I'm kinda nervous." You admit.

"Why would you be? You're tough as nails." Eren says.

"Not today, I guess." You say.

"Where did they position you?" Eren asks.

"Behind the center." You say.

"We'll all do just fine, don't worry." Eren smiles, patting your back.

You let out a heavy sigh and just gave him a small smile. You both got your horses and went back to the rest of the squad. You gave your horse a little pat, Eren doing the same thing.

"Hey Jaeger! Horses don't deserve to carry titan shifters!" Jean shouts at him.

"Horses don't deserve to carry their own kind!" Eren shouts.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jean raises an eyebrow.

"Hey guys, Jean is lacking a rider." You say, smiling at Jean.

"Oooh, second degree burn." Connie snickers.

"That's the second time." Sasha snickers as well.

You heard Jean mutter a few curses and you turned to see him making a sour face. You gave him a peace sign, he stares at you but nodded anyway. You rode on your horse as everyone else did.

Here goes nothing...

"Ready."

"Get set."

"GO!"

We'll make it back alive.

No one is gonna get hurt.

Just have faith and believe.