10 || Wrong Way

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 090914 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100117 ❞

Please forgive me for not updating quickly. Exams are this week, might not be able to update in a while. New characters coming out on the next chapter! :)

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"(Y/n)!" Eren shouts, running towards you.

"Hey Eren, I missed you!" You say, opening your arms to hug him.

"Missed you too!" He says, hugging back.

"Look who's bacK!" Reiner says, ruffling your hair

"Hey! I just fixed my hair!" You complain, fixing it again.

"H-hi (y/n)."

"Hey Bertholdt!" You smile at him.

With you being your oblivious self, Bertholdt sweats much more and his face turned bright red. Luckily, you hadn't noticed him. Reiner started whispering things to him, more of a tease while you talked to Eren about your little trip. Suddenly, you felt someone tap you from behind. Eren, Reiner, and Bertholdt suddenly stopped talking and saluted. You turned around to be faced by the person you missed the most.

"Levi!" You smile, saluting.

"Tch, follow me." He says, walking past you.

Without another word, you followed behind. Once you were far enough, Eren started smiling like an idiot, only to be questioned by Reiner with his stupid grin on his face. Eren shrugs it off and started walking away, leaving Reiner much more confused.

You arrive at Levi's office, closing the door behind you as Levi sits down on his chair. You sat down as well, waiting for him to speak up.

"How was your trip?" He questions.

"Well, it was okay." You answer.

"The interview?" He asks.

"Here." You say, handing him the paper.

"I'm impressed, (l/n)." He smirks a bit.

"I kinda miss Marlowe and Hitch, they were good friends y'know." You say.

"Well, you have more people to meet. Here." He says, handing you another paper.

You scrutinize the paper, eyeing it from left to right. Upon observing the writing, you noticed the paper consisted of three names from the Garrison's. You folded it and placed it into your pocket.

"Thank you, Levi. I'd better get some rest for the trip tomorrow." You say, excusing yourself.

"Hold on."

"What is it?" You ask, turning your head back to face him.

Your eyes widened at what you saw. In his left hand, he was holding the paper you had given him before you left for the Military Police. And now, you suddenly wanted to disappear. You were scared of being rejected.

"Let's talk about this outside." He says, standing from his place.

Your eyebrows raised in confusion, but his words also caused you to slightly tremble. Why would he want to talk about it outside? You wanted to run, but you complied anyways.

For once, hope sparked in your heart. You remembered that dream of yours - Levi carrying the same feelings, running away from Petra, and selfishly claiming him.

But that spark soon was gone.

Because everything was the opposite of how you expected it to be.

⚔═══════════════════⚔

You muttered several curses under your breath for the umpteenth time. Your depression and your crying seemed to be endless. You locked yourself in your room, while Eren continuously knocks hardly on your door. You didn't want to see anyone, especially after what you've been through.

Why were you even crying? You were supposed to be ready for rejection, but why did it have to hurt so much?

The way he looked at you straight in the eyes, you started sweating. He didn't let go of the grip on your right wrist, and he told you directly, "I'm not interested."

The next thing you knew, Levi was gone, because Petra was dragging him away from you. What had hurt the most? Levi didn't even stop her.

You ran away.

"(Y/n)! Tell me what's wrong! Open this door!" Eren shouts from outside.

You didn't even move. You pretended to hear nothing. Your crying continued, and Eren didn't give up on trying to help you. You buried your head on your pillow. You just wanted to leave this place.

And maybe, never even come back.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

You sneakily walked out of your room with your bags. You were even surprised to see Eren asleep outside your door. You couldn't help but feel guilty about how worried he was of you. Gladly, you didn't wake him up.

You wanted to leave the place early so that no one would see you go. It would be better this way, as no one would question what happened last night. Luckily, you were able to stock up some food in your room yesterday.

You sighed as the carriage started moving. You looked out the window, Eren had just woke up. He looks left to right and enters your room. He must be surprised you had already left. You sighed again.

Hoping to forget despair as soon as you reach the Garrison's.