9 || Military Police

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 082514 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 092717 ❞

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

You looked out the windows of the carriage, bored of the silent atmosphere. You were the only person inside and you had no one to talk to. This caused you to yawn a bit, and soon enough, your eyelids shut as you drifted off to sleep.

"Excuse me, miss?"

A voice called, waking you from your nap. You opened your eyes to find a blurry view, so you rubbed at your eyes and it landed on two figures.

You turned your head to meet a tall boy, member of the Military Police. He had black bangs, almost covering his eyes. You sat up straight and got out of the carriage. Beside him stood a girl with short, brown, wavy hair.

"What are you doing here?" The boy asks.

"I was sent by the Survey Corps for assistance." You say.

"Oh, yes. Welcome to the Military Police. The name's Marlowe and this is Hitch." He says, pointing to the girl standing beside him.

"Nice to meet you, I am (f/n) (l/n)." You say, stretching out an arm.

He looks at your hands, hesitating whether to shake it or not. In the end, he grabs it and shakes it. Hitch does the same and shakes your hand. So, these were the people you needed to befriend according to Levi.

"Let me show you to the dorms." Hitch says, smiling at you.

You follow her through the hallways, noticing Marlowe was gone. As you passed through, you heard noises as if there was a loud party going on. You couldn't hold back your curiosity, so you began to ask Hitch.

"Has it always been this loud?" You ask.

"Yes, it has." She replies, slightly chuckling.

Upon arriving at the dorms, you place your luggage down and sat down on your bed. Hitch makes her way to hers and sat down as well, sighing. There was an awkward silence between the both of you, as neither of you said a word.

You grew weary and tired from the travel today. You took off your boots and your Survey Corps jacket as you lay your head down on the bed. You turn to look at Hitch and surprisingly, she wasn't there. You just shut your eyes and went to sleep.

And you were too oblivious to notice a pair of eyes in the room was observing you.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Hey, wake up." You heard someone, sounded like Hitch.

She continuously tried to shake you and make you get out from the bed but you did not even try moving a muscle. After a while, you heard Hitch groan. You opened one eye to see her resting on the edge of your bed. She lets out a small sigh and you finally open both your eyes.

"Alright, I'll get up." You say, taking the blanket off of you.

She smiled as you finally got up, then left the room to give you some space. You grabbed your uniform, locked the door, and started changing. Once you finished, you fixed your hair and tried to put on a smile. You opened the door and saw Hitch leaning against the wall. Upon noticing your presence, she walks away and you follow closely behind her.

Hitch stops walking and faces a large door. You looked over beside her to see Marlowe and more Military Police soldiers. Surprisingly, you saw Annie. She spotted you and you smiled at her, though she didn't return the action.

You heard a loud noise from inside the room you were facing. So, it really is this noisy everyday. The door opened and out came a superior swaying back and forth. They're drunk?!

"Y-You brats *hic* should do y-your j-jobs *hic* properly." He says, smiling awkwardly.

This is gonna be such a long day.

The first day of undercover, and it was terrible.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

Four days have already passed by and although you were surprisingly enjoying yourself, you haven't really made much progress. You grabbed the piece of paper Levi had written for you, that was sticking out a little of your bag.  You unfolded it, eyes inspecting his neat handwriting. You sighed and wanted to start immediately so you went out to look for Hitch.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" You ask, tugging Hitch's uniform a little.

She smiles and nods. You both head back to the room, stepping in and waiting for her to enter as well. She closed the door and you sat on the edge of your bed while she sits down on the floor and waits for you to speak up.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Mind if I asked a few questions?" You ask.

"Not at all." She replies.

With that, you started a casual conversation with her. Gladly, you were able to memorize the questions and her answers in your head. With you memorizing everything, she wouldn't suspect anything from you.

"Thank you, Hitch. Sorry for asking too much, just a little curious." You give her a smile.

"It's no problem! Anytime, (y/n)." She says, patting your head.

She excused herself from the room and headed out the door. As soon as you heard it shut, you sighed heavily. You quickly grabbed the paper and a pen, writing down everything you can remember. Once you finished jotting it down, you leaned against the wall. Tomorrow, you planned to ask Marlowe, wanting to get things done quickly so you had a spare week to enjoy your stay.

You folded the paper back into your bag and stretched as you stood from your bed and made your way towards the door. You suddenly heard a familiar voice talking to someone, a superior maybe. You flung the door open to reveal someone you were a little happy to see.

"Cadet (y/n)." He says. You salute him.

"Nice to see you here, Commander Erwin."