11 || New Friends

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 091414 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100117 ❞

Hello! I know you guys are disappointed with the last chapter but don't worry. Your love story with the corporal won't end with just that. ;)

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

You went out of the carriage, carrying your bags around with you. For some reason, you felt awkward but you didn't know why. One problem though, you had no one to tour you or guide you to your room.

You sighed as you continued to walk anyways, spotting a group of three friends. You tapped on someone's shoulder. The girl had long, wavy black hair, and a pair of silver orbs. She looked straight at you and felt as if like she was piercing your soul.

"Yes?" She stares.

"U-Umm, excuse me. I'm the assistant sent from the Survey Corps?" You questioningly say.

Unexpectedly, you were almost taken back when her face began to lit up. She wore a smile and extended an arm for you to shake, and you were hesitating whether to grab it or not.

"I'm sorry. My name is Zoey. Nice to meet you." She says.

"O-oh, I'm (y/n). Nice to meet you too." You say.

Behind her, two more girls were looking at you. One had dark red hair, amber eyes, and freckles on her face. You almost thought she was related to Marco.

"I'm Ashley." She speaks up, shaking hands with you as well.

And the last one looked like the 'friendly' type. She had long, brown hair, and brown eyes. She wore a big grin on her face as she approached you.

"I'm Sierra." She says.

"Nice to meet all of you." You say, awkwardly smiling.

After the little introduction, they proudly led you to your shared room. You took note of two bunk beds, and the other upper bunk being empty. You placed your things as the girls gathered around you.

You were kinda happy about today though.

Because for a while, they helped you forget about Levi.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"So, (y/n). Tell me more about yourself." Zoey says, smiling.

"W-Well, I'm from the Survey Corps-"

"Yeah yeah, I know that already. Tell me more about where you come from or your friends." She says, hands on her cheek as she listens.

"...I'm from Shiganshina." You say.

"Oh, really? So, you witnessed the colossal titan then?" She asks, eyes widened.

"Y-yeah, I was terrified." You reply.

"Oh, let's not talk about it then. Tell me about your friends." She says.

"Well, my closest friend is named Eren Jaeger. He's-" You say.

"He sounds familiar. Do you have a picture of him?" She cuts you off.

"Yes, I have." You say, taking out a portrait of you and him together from your bag and handing it to her.

"Oh, wow. He looks attractive. Y-you're not together?" She asks, giggling.

"Huh? N-no. He's like my older brother." You say.

"Oh. I'd like to meet him someday." She says, slightly blushing.

"How about we take a picture together? I'll show it to him if you want." You say, grabbing the camera from your bag.

"Cheese!" You both say in unison.

"Hey, thanks a lot. You know, for being kind to me since I came here." You tell her, examining the rickety camera.

"Hey, no problem at all." She smiles, patting your back.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Hey, you look down. What's the matter?" Ashley asks, sitting down beside you in the mess hall.

"H-huh? N-nothing!" You say.

But honestly, you were really kinda troubled at the moment. The thought of Levi suddenly entered your mind. You felt like crying then and there but held them back and smiled.

"Come on, tell me." She says, poking your shoulder.

"I-I don't know. You might get bored." You say, avoiding to tell her.

Truth be told, you weren't afraid she was going to get bored. You just aren't sure if you're ready to tell anyone about Levi yet. You're on your first day here, and you'd be spilling the beans already? Hell, you didn't even realize how attached you are to shorty- I mean Levi.

"I won't! Come on." Ashley smiles, as Sierra sits down beside her.

"Yeah, come on (y/n)." Sierra says.

"You can't keep secrets from us, you know. We'll find out eventually." Zoey says, suddenly appearing behind you.

You let out a sigh. Well, now that they mentioned it, it was kinda true. You know they'll probably bug you until you tell them.

"Okay, I'm telling but please do not tell anyone else." You say.

"Your secret is safe with us. Besides, there's no one else to tell." Sierra says, giving you a thumbs up.

"Err... How do I start this..." You say, fiddling your fingers.

"Boy problems, huh." Zoey says.

"How'd you know, Zoey?" You ask, a little shocked.

"We can tell by your facial expression. Believe it or not, we've seen that a lot of times." Ashley says.

"Oh... Alright, here goes nothing."

You managed to tell them your story, not leaving out any details as they requested. You went on and on about your encounters and experiences with him, up until the last one. They all gasped, leaving you to stare at them.

"We've got a bad case of brokenhearted."

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

A week had gone by, spending your time with the girls and secretly completing your assignment. It surprised you that Erwin never came to check up on you. You were too disappointed to see him anyways.

You wish you wouldn't leave this place anymore. You loved staying here and you really enjoyed the girls' company. Sure, you had to do some tasks every once in a while, but it all seemed fun whenever they were around.

"Hey (y/n), catch!" Sierra yells, throwing a piece of bread over to you.

You managed to catch it, fingers gripping tightly on the bread. You slowly walked over to Ashley and sat beside her as both of you started munching on it, Zoey and Sierra joining in as well.

You were busy eating when you noticed a familiar figure.

Your eyes widened and you froze.

It's... him.

What is he doing here?!