"Yeah. I've been trying to work on this stupid clown painting." She groaned.

He flinched and she tilted her head before smacking her forehead again.

"Sorry. Clowns aren't stupid. I'm stupid." She sighed. "I just don't-" (Y/n) fell silent before staring at the man. "I'm sorry. Are you busy right now? Or can I invite you in to talk?" She asked as she leaned against the door frame.

"I'm not busy at all." He blinked at the sudden question. "Do you want to talk to me?"

"Yeah. I need some clown knowledge from an expert."

He laughed. "Then I guess I can help."

"Great." She stepped to the side and he walked in.

Arthur was amazed by the hundreds of sketches that decorated the room. There were newspaper clippings on a white cinder block wall mentioning the clown killer on the subway.

He noticed a few empty boxes of pizza stacked on top of the trash can before a voice grabbed his attention.

"So Arthur?"

"Hm?"

"How do you do your clown makeup?"

"Um....can I draw it?"

"Sure!" She scrambled to find a blank piece of paper and some oil pastels. "Here."

His brows furrowed. "Can you draw my face?"

"Oh. Sure. I'll do a rough sketch." She sighed before drawing his face. It wasn't detailed, just a mere outline with his lips and nose slightly defined. His eyes were closed in the drawing and with a confident hum she handed it back to him.

"Now. Normally...I would just put on a light coat of white....but the more opaque it is... the better." He furrowed his brows. "And then I have a red mouth that I usually outline with black.... which makes a smile around my mouth...but it looks messy like that...so just leave it red." He mumbled as he colored on his makeup. "Like this."

(Y/n) nodded as she watched.

"I like triangles, so you'd just do them around the eyes with this shade of blue....and I wear a lime green wig."

"So....like the killer?"

He fell silent before looking up at her.

"What?" She furrowed her eyebrows at his hollow stare.

"Why is that clown a killer?"

"Because he killed 3 men."

"But...what if he was attacked?"

"Then..." She fell silent for a moment. "...it's self defense, I suppose."

His eyes seemed empty yet so full of melancholy. "Do you think he's a killer?"

(Y/n) shrugged. "I don't really have an opinion." She looked over her shoulder. "I just want this clown painting to look like the guy who did it...."

"Why?"

"Because I'm putting it up on the day of the protest."

"When's that?"

"In three days or so."

"So that's what that giant painting is for?" He glanced back at the painting that had a faint sketch on it.

"Yeah. I figured I'd use a lot of sheets from goodwill to make a giant flowing canvas so that I can drape it over a building during the protest." Her eyes sparkled. "I figured that propaganda would be the only way I'd get recognized."