I press my palms down on the plastic granite and hop up on the counter, sliding my legs over and to the other side. Legolas approaches now as my feet hit the tile of the room behind the counter. I walk around to see if there is anything left back here. On the wall to my left is a cubbyhole where an emergency kit was trying to be reached by someone because the glass panel is broken and the pack looks like it was pulled almost out.

I pick it up from its place and then gasp. On the floor by it I see a backpack. I toss the medical kit to Legolas and open the pack. A gift from God. Inside there is a clear tablet. I pull it out and smile. I hop over the counter and stand next to my elf. "This is what I need to open the gate," I say.

He looks at it confusingly. "A fragment of glass?"

"Things aren't always what they seem." I look up at him and press my finger to the upper right corner of the screen. The tablet lights up and shows me a page of applications. I work with it to get me what I want while Legolas stares at it in wonder.

"Come on," I say to him and leave the small building.

I walk to our vehicle in the light of the mid morning. I tell him to toss the medical pack in there and he carefully sets it in the front seat.

I walk to wall with him at my side to where out partners are standing. "Move aside, kittens. I got this."

All six eyes turn to lock with mine as I approach. I walk to where Aragorn has moved from on the left side of the road. I hold up my tablet and let it pulse, long for electricity within the stone. I move it along to where the panel should be and it indeed reads that I found something. I click the button that says "reveal" and it appears.

"It needs a combination." There's something humorous about the fact that no one has a clue about ninety percent of things I am doing and the things we have seen in my world.

I work to copy the program on my tablet as the others stand there.

"This might take a while," I breathe.

"We do not have a while..." King Thranduil says.

"Yeah that's so helpful thanks. Why don't you try this?" I snap without looking at him.

I don't hear a response but I'm sure he is not used be utterly talked back to like that and I almost feel bad about it but I can just sense an amused smile on Legolas's face and an offended look on his father's.

After I finish I follow the others into the library to hide there until I can hack the network.

I sit against the wall after trying different techniques and wait for it to hack automatically. There aren't many books left but there is more than I thought there would be, still in readable condition.

Éowyn skims her finger across the bindings on the shelves. Books became a rare thing since the year 2030. Digital versions flooded the Internet. Prints became very scarce. But after the Virus Incident in 2089 people went back to printing and soon libraries existed again.

Thranduil seems less impressed. Though I'm not surprised. He is used to such rich beauty in his everyday life.

Legolas is too busy being his curious self to act this way.

I motion for Thranduil to sit by me and I expect him to be hesitant, maybe to look at the dirty ground and decline my offer. But he breathes and sits by me, pulling his knees up just a tad and leaning his back against the wall.

His eyes flash about the room as he thinks.

I look at my tablet as it works but staring at it irritates me so I put it down and cross my arms comfortably.