33

"What he says is indeed true..." Elrond states as he paces back and forth on the stone floor of a quiet room from Frodo's chamber.

"What happened in Mordor?" I ask in haste.

The only others that are in here at the moment are Sam, Gandalf, Legolas, Thranduil, Arwen, and Aragorn.

"We went through it alone," Samwise says. "We had found the creature Smeagol for a guide but he was eaten by a fell beast while climbing the secret stairs. We had to improvise from there... We disguised ourselves as orcs but were discovered. The last thing I knew we were running across the plain towards the mountain of fire... We knew we were going to die but we decided to just get this done for Middle Earth... But Frodo was caught and-we tried, we tried to finish it-"

I sigh. I know that it was Morier that had eaten Smeagol. It hits me now. Regurgitating that loin cloth... he must have gotten lost after the fall from the MistyMountains... and well, fell beasts have to eat...

"You did your best, young Sam," Gandalf says. "That is all we had asked."

Aragorn still hasn't spoken as he stands in deep thought with his arms crossed on his chest.

"What are we going to do?" I breathe.

"There is nothing that can be done," Aragorn finally says, looking up at me.

"But..." thoughts begin flooding through my mind of panic. Was this all for nothing? All the wars, the death, the suffering... Sauron has the ring... the only thing we strived to keep from happening was just turned to folly. It is over.

But as I tell myself this, a part of me believes that this isn't over. But what can we do?

"That is it then... The dark lord needed only the ring to end the world..." Gandalf says.

"But it cannot be over. Not after all we have been through," Arwen argues.

"It is as if history is repeating itself," Legolas says.

"The shadow of Mordor will cover these lands soon enough-" Thranduil says.

"And we are meant to stop it," Legolas frowns with determination.

"How?" Aragorn demands. "Sauron's forces would be stronger than ever, what makes you think we can claim victory with only the allies that are left?"

"And I suppose the story of Isildur means nothing to you?" I say fiercely to him.

He eyes me.

"Go cut off his finger!" I say pointing like a mother sending her child to their room.

"It is not that simple," Gandalf says before Aragorn can reply.

"We cannot get to him with just us. Our numbers are too few..." Thranduil says to me.

"Go to Mordor. Use the eagles to fly to where he-"

"Sauron is not in Mordor," Elrond says grimly, finally speaking.

All of us pause and look at him.

He is facing away from us with his eyes shut but he turns around slowly as the silence falls in the room. His eyes skip about the faces before him as he frowns.

"Then where is he?" I ask.

"He is to make his final stand... on a world not of ours."

I hold my breath and feel my eyes become wide with realization.

"Lady, Vilora," he approaches me. "If you wish to help us and if you truly do not want to give up then you must find a way back to your home."

                                                                .