"Hi I'm here for the release of Christopher brown." I watched as he nodded typing something into his computer.

"Yes, they should have him out to you as soon as you fill out the foll-"

"Yes the paper work..been through this twice already sorry." I cut him off already knowing the steps.
I quickly apologize for my jumpiness.

He chuckled handing me the clipboard.
"Your fine, here you are."

I thank him sitting down next to August as I fill everything out.

After a good 20 minutes I'm finished and hand it back over to the officer.

"Now...we wait." I sighed feeling the irritation and anxiousness fill me like any other time I come to pick up chris. This time being even more
nerve racking considering how long he's been gone.

August chuckles as I lay my head on his chest placing my hand in his.

"Almost over.." he mumbled before I close my eyes. Something I haven't been able to do much since Chris left.

"Family of Christopher Maurice Brown."
Me and aug shooting to our feet as the guard led us out the back door.

"He should be walking out any minute." He added as I thanked him.

Taking a deep breath I began to think of what it would feel like to see Chris after so long. What he was sound like, look like, act like..

My thoughts were interrupted by another voice calling me from a far.

"BABE!" My head shot up. A grin forming on my face as I looked to see Chris, walking towards me with bags.

I dropped my coat and my purse running towards him his he dropped his things as well, embracing me tightly.

Rocking us back and forth I no longer was able to contain my emotions. Crying I heard
Chris chuckle as he grabbed my face making me look at him.

His face was chubby, as If he had gained a few pounds. He had a lot more facial hair and was in certain need of a hair cut.

Tears rolled down his face as he pulled me into a passionate kiss, melting right into his touch.

Pulling away he laid his forehead on mines.
"Damn I missed you..." he chuckled as I joined.

"I miss you t-too.."

"Aw shit..y'all tryna make a nigga get all emotional nie." August laughed as I back up so he could embrace Chris.

"What's good son!" Chris smiled as august laughed.

"Nothing much man, just happy to have you home."

"Speaking of home..can we leave? Tired of looking at this place." Chris groaned rolling his eyes as I laughed.

I grabbed his hand as he held his belongings with the other, walking us over to the car.

Hopping inside I took another deep breath getting lost in my thoughts. I jump feeling a hand come in contact with mine.