comes crashing down..

"Please forgive me Christopher..."

-vote, comment & enjoy! —

Omniscient

Letting out a shallow breath your shaky hands reach for the rose gold iPhone 11 that sat on the tub across from you.

Your back against the wooden cabinet of the bathroom sink as you gulped, feeling more tears slip past your eyes.

Your finger swipes across the screen as you finally find his contact. Hovering over the green phone icon, gently pressing it as it begins to ring.

"Hey baby I was just about to call you! I'm on my way back, my mama was tryna steal Eli from us." Chris chuckles referring to the 1 year old you both shared.

Your heart beginning to ache as you pictured his small face and tiny features that favored his fathers. His fresh baby scent and his gum filled smile.

How you'd leave all that behind, what a horrible mother..which is why this was such a "good idea" since you felt like you had always been one...since the doctors placed him in your arms.

"How was he? Did you guys have fun?" You ask putting him on speaker as you sit the phone beside you on the tiled floor.

"Oh he was fine, fussy for the most part but mama fixed that up quick. He lovess her man." Chris sighed as you smiled. The amusement in the young fathers voice at the love his son shared with his grandmother bringing a warm feeling to you.

"That's good...hey Chris?" You gulp feeling those same tears prick at your eyes, the stinging sensation in your throat slowly rising.

"What's up baby?"

"You know I love you right?" you croak out trying to keep it together to atleast get your message through..

Your final message.

"Of course mama...what's up witchu? You sound...off. Everything okay?" The two words that could send anyone in your position into a fit of sobs.

Those two words that you wish meant something...something you haven't been in so long.

okay.

"Chris...I want you to p-promise me something..." you sob lightly waiting for his response.

"Y/n what's going on? Your scaring me." He chuckled nervously as you hear him click on his turn signal.