I Have A Question

*not sure how I though of this, but I thought it was really cute. Here's some Nicky/Danny cuteness*

"It'll be okay, Nicky," Erin had been trying to convince her daughter to go to her Yncle Danny's and Aunt Linda's house for the weekend. Their boys were going to a friend's birthday sleepover, and Nicky's Mom was going away for the weekend. "Your Aunt Linda is very sympathetic about these things... besides, the first one is usually the worst."
Nicky sighed, she really just wanted to stay home and lament about her first period. "Fine. But I won't enjoy it."
*********
"Aunt Linda, can I talk to you?" Nicky wondered a little shyly, standing in her Aunt's bedroom doorframe.
"Sure. Come sit." Linda patted the bed and scooted a bit for her niece. "What's the problem?"
"Mom told you about..."
"Yes, she did. And I'm gonna do everything to help you feel good. So what do you need?"
"Mom told me the first one's the worst one." Nicky looked at her Aunt strangely when the blonde broke into laughter.
Regaining her straight face, Linda answered, "oh, yeah," before she laughed again.
Nicky frowned, "where's Uncle Danny?"
"Garage."
"I'm gonna say hi."
********
Nicky stood a few feet behind her uncle, smirking when he muttered a word she wasn't allowed to say. "Uncle Danny? Can I talk to you?"
He turned around, "sure thing, munchkin." Patting the world bench, he added, "Hop on up."
The thirteen year old didn't feel like hopping, "no thank you. I just wanted to ask you something?"
"What's the matter?" Danny walked over to his niece, putting down the hammer and ignoring his throbbing thumb.
"I'm not sure if you want to hear this, but.... I started my period-"
"Do you want a happy 'congratulations, you're one step closer to womanhood' or a sympathetic, 'Aww. At least you're closer to being a woman'?"
Nicky couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her lips. Her Uncle never failed to make her laugh. "I just want a question answered. Mom says the first one's the worst one, but then I told Aunt Linda, and she laughed out loud."
"Oh, sweetie, she wasn't laughing at you," he pushed her bangs back, seeing the tears daring to fall in Nicky's eyes.
"She wasn't?"
"No. See... you might not understand this now, but your Aunt Linda is over-hormoned. For most people, it gets better as they get older. But for your Aunt, it got worse. She had her first period early-"
"How old was she?"
"Eleven. And it wasn't bad at first, just annoying. I think it was around the time we first met that the cramps started to get really bad."
"Is that why she looks like she's going to cry sometimes during Sunday dinner?"
Danny nodded, "yeah. But listen, she wasn't laughing at you.... I guess she was laughing at the irony.... your mom's cramps weren't bad at all, she usually only got them when she had to be nice and sociable.... Murphy's a funny thing, huh?"
"Who's Murphy?"
"Never mind."
"Nicky?" Linda walked into the garage, "if you think I laughed at you, I didn't. Honest. I was-"
"Laughing at Murphy, Uncle Danny told me."
"No, honey, that's irony. Which sometimes goes hand in hand with Murphy." Danny shook his throbbing thumb, then briefly sucked on it.
"Did you hit your thumb?" Linda wondered, making her way over to Danny.
"Yeah, it's fine though." He smiled up at her from his place on the bench.
She took his fist in her hand, examining the thumb. "Come inside and get some ice. I think we should just sit and watch whatever Nicky wants. Sound good?"
Nicky nodded as Danny made a face. "I'll go pick something out."
Linda smiled as her niece walked into the house, "Ice this and it'll be all better." She said, still holding Danny's fist.
"Y'know, kisses heal a lot of things."
She smirked and kissed Danny's thumb. "Come on." She followed him to the house, "by the way, when you sucked your thumb? It did some weird things to me."
He turned around abruptly, making his wife bump into him. "Oh, really?"
"Mhmm." She wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed him a little too roughly.
"Come on!" Nicky called through the open door, rolling her eyes at her Aunt and Uncle. It would be a few more years yet until she thought her Aunt and Uncle were the cutest things.

A/n
Couldn't resist throwing some Lindanny in there. Hope you liked this one
Happy reading