Chapter Three

"You know that's not coming back right?"

"Duh. Pure economics."

"Physics actually"

"I feel like a drowned rat", I sourly comment by the fire

"I feel like a drowned rat", I sourly comment by the fire. I couldn't have scooted closer to its heat if I tried. Night has fallen and the temperature has plummeted reminding me why I don't go outside in the first place. Actually, extend that to swimming in general. Now that I've spent so long back in the comforts of Arkadia and then the bunker and consequentially Eligius Four I've grown to remember the reasons I despised camping. The hard ground, no warmth not to mention our food situation.

That I did not miss.

"You look like one", Murphy remarks offhandedly from where he's leaning against a log, arm thrown around Emori. Whilst everyone else has dried my hair, obviously being way longer than anyone's, is taking forever. In turn, catching the cold and amplifying the chill to my core. Hugging my bare arms I shake my hair out as Murphy asks "Why don't you ever just trim your hair? Especially as an engineer. I'd think it'd be safer if it's short right?"

"Right", I agree before huffing and explaining "But Raven and I have a bet. Whoever cuts their hair first loses."

"What does the winner get?" Shaw pries curiously from his spot on the log.

"Bragging rights."

Scoffing amused, Emori says "Your freezing your ass off for bragging rights?"

"Actually", Murphy raises the point "That's one of the saner things she's ever done."

Throwing a stick outwards the ocean, I raise my eyebrow when he oddly continues staring after it for longer then a moment "You know that's not coming back right?"

"Duh", Murphy hums with a satisfied smirk on his lips "Pure economics."

"Physics actually", I correct Murphy with a roll of my eyes "Economics is a social science regarding the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. Physics is a branch of science concerned with the nature of properties and energy such as heat, light, radiation, electromagnetism, atomic structures, kinetic-"