103. Waterdemon

A giant monster made out of water exploded from the canals and frightened everybody. I looked at it, then at Peter, who was as shocked as I was. How was that even possible? The water was normal just a minute before. 

" You see that too right?" He asked me, looking at the creature. 

" Yeah." I said trying to believe what I was seeing. My eyes caught Ned and Betty in a gondola, extremely close to the water monster. Their boat crashed into one of the buildings and we ran towards them. 

" You okay?" I asked Betty when MJ and I tried to help her out. 

" What is that?" Ned asked us, as if we would know. 

" I don't know." I told him. 

" Where's your suit?" He then asked. Pepper was right, I should've brought it. 

" Home." I told him, which made him turn to Peter. 

" Where's yours?" He asked hopelessly. "

I left it in the hotel room." Peter confessed. 

" Why??" Ned was panicking. 

" I'm on vacation Ned. Everyone's gonna see us, get them out of here." Peter said and Ned lead MJ and Betty away from the water.

The monster started to smash buildings and boats, and people were getting in serious danger. Its fist came our way so we ran as fast as we could to hide behind a building. I was a second too late so I was soaked. 

" What are we gonna do?" Peter asked me. I looked at the monster from behind the corner, it was still smashing buildings and bridges. 

" Distract it and get it away from the city." I said. He pressed a few buttons and shot a web into the body of the monster. It did absolutely nothing. " Did you just shoot a web at it?" I asked, a bit surprised. Did he think it was gonna do something? 

" It was worth the try." He said and was distracted all of the sudden. He was looking at a big bridge, everyone was trying to get off it while the monster made its way towards it. 

" Try to blast it!" Peter shouted at me while he ran towards the bridge. I followed him and tried shooting energy at the monster but it didn't even notice. It smashed a ton of water onto the bridge and drenched Peter.

I made my way up to the bridge when something caught the monster's attention. Out of nowhere a green blast was shot at it, and it seemed to do some damage. A figure, surrounded by smoke came flying down from the sky and was ready to fight. When I reached Peter I saw that where the figure's head should be, there was a fish bowl looking helmet, filled with smoke. He had a red cape just like Dr Strange and his powers looked similar to his as well. But it wasn't him, he had no yellow gloves.

He started fighting and holding back the water with his green colored magic. Why was his power working, but mine wasn't? He got smashed down and the monster started to grow even bigger. But he got right up again and blasted the water multiple times.

" Here put this on." Peter told me and handed me a red carnival mask with white feathers. I did what he said and followed him to the roof of a building to talk to the mysterious hero. 

" Excuse me sir, we can help. Let us help. I'm really strong and sticky." Peter shouted.

" And I can blast energy." I shouted. 

" I need you to lead it away from the canal." The man told us, which was my plan as well. We started to run across rooftops to try and follow the monster. It was still smashing buildings and bridges. While Peter tried to keep buildings from smashing people I ran towards the square and stopped on one of the roofs. 

" What are its weak points?!" I yelled to the man, he was still shooting at the monster. 

" Hit his arms and it's head!" He told me, so I started shooting energy at it for as long as I could. While I was doing that, green magic was trying to hold back the monster. 

A noise came from the bell of the church. I looked over to it and I saw the tower fall down. Then webs attached it to other buildings and then again the sound of the bell. I could only imagine the pain Peter was in after such a hit. While he saved the tower I looked back at the monster. It growled one last time and vanished.

I sat down and caught my breath. I needed to get out of there before anyone saw me. So I ran towards the tower and looked for Peter. He was sitting next to it on some rubble. 

When he saw me he got up and asked " Are you okay?" 

I nodded " Yeah, how about you?" 

He rubbed his head " I'm fine." 

 We joined the rest of the group, without the masks of course, and went back to the hotel.