18. Kittycat

Sam and I were standing on the roof of the next building. Steve was inside looking for Bucky. Redwing was scanning the surroundings and giving us information. 

* Heads up, Cap. German Special Forces, approaching from the south.* Sam told him through the communication system. A group of heavily armed men were surrounding the building. 

" They've set the perimeter." I told Cap " They're entering the building." 

Sam looked over to the top of the building * They're on the roof. We're compromised.* We could see them running through the staircase up to Bucky's floor. * 5 seconds* Sam said. * 3 seconds* One of the men on the roof threw in a grenade. 

" Breach! Breach! Breach!" I yelled hoping Steve wouldn't get hurt. For a few moment they were all fighting each other. We could catch glimpses of it through the window but not the whole fight.

After a few minutes Bucky came crashing onto the roof next to us. Doing a tumble and grabbing the backpack he had thrown out earlier. A muscular man dressed entirely in black, slammed into Bucky from behind, knocking him down. He was wearing a full face mask with pointed ears. He attacked Bucky with sweeping kicks and slashes. Bucky fought back but was kicked into a wall. The cat swiped his claws and spinned gracefully. Bucky narrowly avoided being slashed, he held up a metal bar to protect himself. 

* Sam, O, southwest rooftop.* Steve told us, like we hadn't seen him. 

" Already on it." I told them while sweeping down next to Bucky. 

* Who the hell's the other guy?* Sam asked confused. The man dressed in black was looking at me, not exactly knowing what to do. 

" About to find out." I told both him and Steve. I wanted to start talking to him but he just lunged at Bucky again, ignoring I was even there. He had grabbed Bucky's arm making me shoot a ray of energy at him. He was thrown into a wall but got back up again. He formed his hand to a claw and sharp nails came out. Right when he wanted to attack me a machine gun started firing at us from a chopper. The cat and I's suits were bulletproof, but Bucky was just wearing normal clothes. I moved in front of him to shield him from the bullets. 

* Sam.* I heard Steve say, asking him if he could take it out.

* Got him.* Sam said flying down and shoving the chopper off course.

With the bullets gone the cat caught Bucky and kept him in his grip. While I kicked his back Bucky broke free from his attacker, grabbed his bag and jumped down, finally getting to street level. The cat followed him and the chase continued. I followed them and Steve came running beside me. The chopper was back, shooting at us again, so Bucky removed himself from the situation by jumping down and landing in an underpass.

Cap and cat followed him down so I flew down there as well. And even though I could fly, they were still really fast. It was like they all had Steve's powers. 

When I had finally caught up with them I saw that the special forces vehicles were pursuing us. 

" Stand down! Stand down!" the special forces kept yelling at us. Suddenly they stopped yelling. I looked back and saw that Steve had stolen their car. 

Bucky was running over the tops of speeding cars with the cat a few cars behind him. When he landed on Steve's roof Steve tried to get him off by swerving from side to side. Without any luck. He wanted to jump at Bucky. 

"I don't think so Kittycat!" I shouted and knocked him off of the car and into the wall. Just like before it seemed like it hadn't hurt him at all. He just got up and started to run again. Who the hell was this guy? 

Now there were more police cars on our tail. Bucky leapt over the barrier between the roads, changing lanes. Steve just drove through the barrier. I still couldn't get to Bucky, for some reason my suit wasn't as fast as it used to be.

Suddenly Bucky was on a motorbike and driving in the opposite direction. Sam had finally joined us flying up to me. * Who the hell is this guy?* he asked me. 

" Some guy that really wants to get to Bucky." I told him. 

The cat had tried to crash Bucky but he had gotten him off. But he wasn't giving up, he jumped and grabbed Sam's leg. * What the hell!* he yelled trying to kick him off. I tried pulling him away, but he didn't move. 

When I looked ahead I saw the roof at the end of the underpass falling down. We speeded through it, but when we were, the cat jumped away from Sam and threw Bucky off his motorcycle. 

I crashed down to the ground and swore " Fuck!" something was seriously wrong with my suit. Right before the whole end collapsed Steve swerved the 4x4 through the rubble, leapt out and pulled the man in black away from Bucky.

When the armed police arrived and aimed their guns at us I walked over to Steve and Sam. To make things even worse War Machine leapt down from above and raised both his hands at us.     " Stand down, now." he told us. Steve put his shield on his back and I opened my helmet.              " Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal." he said. 

Police moved in and forced Bucky to his knees. The cat raised his hands. A cop moved Steve's arms behind his back. And I was told to get out of the suit. I did what they said and was now standing in my jeans and shirt. The man in black retracted his nails and pulled off his mask revealing his face. I still had no idea who he was. But when Steve said " Your highness." I made the connection. It was the prince of Wakanda. 

Bucky was put flat on the ground. " Hey, watch it!" I yelled at the police that was handling him. He pulled him off the ground. I saw Bucky give me a small smile.

The rest of us, including T'Challa (Sam had told me his name) were put in another car. After we had taken a plane to Berlin we were put in another car. We hadn't really talked to whole way over there. Until Sam just had to ask T'Challa " So, you like cats?" 

I looked over at him from the other side of Steve " Seriously Sam?" I asked him annoyed. 

" What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" he asked. 

" And you're dressed like a bird." I said" doesn't mean you're obsessed with them, does it?" 

He just rolled his eyes at me. 

" Your suit... it's Vibranium?" Steve asked him, more seriously.   

" The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations." T'Challa started. " A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" His accent was beautiful, but his voice had a somber tone. Well, at least I could stop calling him Cat now.