51. Sakaar

I woke up from my body hitting the floor. Now I'm telling you, I like rollercoasters, but even for me, that was too much to handle. I needed to sit up and catch my breath to make sure I didn't throw up the pancakes that Sam had made me. 

When I sat up I could look around to see where I was. It looked like I had landed in some hallway, it was blue and purple with yellow neon lighting. There was a hole in the roof, which I made by crashing. I decided to stand up to go look for someone who could tell me where I was. 

There was a window looking out over a big crowded city. I didn't recognize it, and it definitely didn't look like earth. Where was I? While I was looking around I saw someone walking through the hall toward me. 

When I recognized him I was so happy to see someone I knew. " Loki!" I yelled. 

" Stark?" he asked. He ran up to me and looked around. 

" Where the hell are we?" I asked him. 

" Sakaar." he said, which didn't help. 

" And how far is that from earth?" 

He frowned " Pretty far." 

" What is pretty far?" I asked him. 

" The other side of the galaxy." he said with slight worry in his voice. 

" Shit!" I yelled. Nat was SO gonna kill me when I got home, if I could even get home. 

From the other side of the hall a group of people walked towards us. One man who leaded the pack was dressed in a gold, blue and red attire and had a blue line from his bottom lip to his chin. Following him was a group of people who were definitely guards. " I heard someone crashed into my palace." he said looking at me " Loki, who is this?" 

He looked from the man to me then back to the man " This is, euhm..." 

" His sister." I said cutting him off " Odette, nice to meet you." 

He turned to Loki " You didn't tell me you have a sister." I was just hoping he was gonna stick to my idea and not rat me out. 

" Yeah, we don't really see each other all that much." he smiled holding his arm around my shoulder. 

Then the man turned back to me " Well, I am the Grandmaster, leader of Sakaar. You are free to stay in the palace for as long as you like." 

" Thank you grandmaster." I said gratefully. 

" Do change your clothes for more appropriate ones. You wouldn't want to be seen like this." he said while leading his guards away. 

I looked down at what I was wearing. Jeans, a Panic at the disco shirt, my backpack, a leather jacket and my ruined combat boots. Great, I had lost my hat and glasses. I looked at what Loki was wearing. His usual outfit but in blue with a cape that was blue on the outside and yellow on the inside. Clothes could wait, I needed to get to a room where I could find a way off of that planet. 

Loki lead me to a room and showed me how their technology worked. It was pretty close to what we have on earth but for him it must have been all new. While he was showing me how to use the lights I wasn't really listening, I was thinking about what had happened. 

" What's wrong?" he asked. 

" What's wrong?!" I almost yelled at him " I'm on an alien planet, that's what's wrong! I was supposed to be back at eight. Nat is gonna flip on me." 

" The redhead?" he asked. 

I sighed " Yes her, but can you please focus on the fact that we're HERE! As in not Earth or Asgard." 

 He looked out the window " C'mon this isn't that bad." he said. He had to be kidding me. 

" I have no suit, no idea how to get back home and my only company is you." I said while sitting down on the bed. Why did I have to go out to buy shoes? 

" What's wrong with me?" he asked mildly offended. 

I laughed " Let's see, you tried to brainwash me, kill me and you destroyed New York." 

" That's in the past isn't it?" he asked " Old stories." 

" A few years ago I would have killed you for what you did to me." I told him.

" What exactly did I do to you?" He asked confused. 

Was he serious? " The glowing hands." I lit them up and showed them to him.

" Right, sorry about that. But it seems like you've mastered them." He said.

I sighed and really tried not to flip out on him. He was the only one I knew here. So I pushed everything he had done aside and said " Okay fine, let's start with the grandmaster. How do you know him?" 

" When I crashed he offered me a place in the palace. You know because I'm a prince." he said. 

" How long have you been here?" I asked him. It couldn't have been that long, I had just crashed. 

" A few weeks." he told me. That couldn't be right. 

" Weeks?" I asked confused  " How is that possible? She kicked me out right after you." I told him. 

" Time works in weird ways in the Bifrost and on this planet." he said. 

I took some time to take it all in. " Okay, let's go find me some of those clothes." I said walking out of my room with Loki following me.