Little crash course

He's after all of them. If he finds them, he can do anything he wants. 

How many are there?

Six.

- Space stone -

- Space stone -

The Tesseract

Johann Schmidt used it to make weapons in WWII for HYDRA. It ended in the Atlantic ocean together with Steve Rogers when he sacreficed himself. Howard Stark found it and made SHIELD keep it safe. In the 80s Marvell used it to experiment, keeping it in her lab right outside Earth. It gave Carol Danvers her powers before the Kree 'saved' her. Goose, Carol's cat (Flurking) swallowed it and puked it up in Fury's office. Nick Fury started experimenting on it, getting the help of Docter Selvig. Loki used it to open a portal for the Chitauri to attack New York. When it was closed, it went back to Asgard together with Thor. That's where it stayed until Loki and Odette decided to take it with them. 

- Mind stone -

- Mind stone -

Loki's scepter/ Vision

Given to Loki by Thanos to invade Eart and control others. It secretly also contolled Loki as well. It also gave Odette, daughter of Tony Stark her abilitie to produce energy. At the same time linking her mind with the mind of Thanos. Put away by SHIELD it fell into the hand of HYDRA. They experimented with it, even on humans. As rusult Wanda and Pietro Maximoff gained their abilities. Found by the Avengers, Bruce Banner and Tony Stark used it to create their A.I. Ultron. Things didn't go as planned but the stone ended up in Tony's new creation, Vision. 

- Reality stone -

- Reality stone -

The Aether

  The leader of the of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, used the Reality Stone to create the weapon called the Aether.  Bor ( father of Odin) had the Aether hidden away where no one could find it, and over the following five millennia, its story faded from known history. In 2013 a portal opened up to where the Aether was located; Jane made contact with it, causing it to become active and infest Foster's body, using her as a host. She was taken to Asgard by Thor,  where the Aether was discovered by . During this time, sensed the Aether's activity and attempted to retrieve it by attacking Asgard.  The Dark Elf drew the Aether from Foster and into himself and left the planet. Both parties then arrived on Earth, where Malekith used the Aether to battle Thor across worlds during the Convergence, which resulted in Malekith's destruction . Afterward, the Asgardians were able to contain the Aether, which was later given to the collector  for safekeeping.

- Power stone -

- Power stone -

The Orb

  it was forgotten for millenia in Morag the planet inside the Orb. Thanos employed Ronan the Accuser a Kree warrior to bring it to him. However, before Ronan obtained the Orb, it was stolen by Star-Lord , prompting a galaxy-wide hunt. The Guardians took the Orb to the Collector  where he used his technology to open the Orb while explaining the history of the stones , marveling at the Power Stone when it was finally revealed to him as he prepared to pay for it. However, Carina the Collector's assistant saw an opportunity to kill her master and attempted to grab the stone, only for its power to violently rip through her body, destroying her entirely as well as much of the Collector's museum . After a lot of fights and the Orb being in the hands of different people it finally ended up at the Nova Corps.

- Time stone -

- Time stone -

The Eye of Agamotto

  It was contained inside the under the protection of the Master of the Mystic Arts, who swore to protect it. During his training Stephen Strange , began to read the book of Cagliostro and learned of the Eye's full power. Seeking to push himself, Strange donned the Eye and opened it, revealing the Time Stone, first testing its power on his apple before using it to recreate the lost pages from the Book. He was halted by Wong  and Karl Mordo who warned that the Eye's powers were contrary to the natural order of things and the slightest misuse could result in an endless temporal loop. To save the universe he used the stone to force a bargain with Dormammu .  The stone has been with Doctor Strange ever since that moment. 

- Soul stone -

- Soul stone -

No one knew where the Soul stone ended up. But while on a mission Gamora, daughter of Thanos found the map towards it. She memorized and burned it, making sure Thanos would never find it.  The stone is kept in Vormir Under the watchful eye of the Red Skull.