82. Hot Tub Time Machine

The next morning I woke up pretty early. It was weird not having Wanda and Vision there, we used to eat breakfast together. But now instead of them, Clint was sitting in the kitchen. I hadn't seen him since the underwater prison. His hair was cool, a mohawk, and he had a full sleeve of tattoos. He definitely had changed. 

" Hi there." I greeted him, grabbing food and sitting down opposite of him. 

" Long time no see." He said while biting from an apple " It's been like what, seven years?" Seven years? Damn, that was a long time. 

" I see you changed up your look." I said, looking at his hair and tattoos. 

" I could say the same about you." He said. 

" So where have you been?" I asked him. 

" Tokyo." He answered. Why would he be in Tokyo? " I rolled up cartels." He added when he noticed I didn't get it. 

" Oh." I said " Sounds cool." He smiled, I guess no one had ever called it cool before.

When I was done eating I got dressed in something else than my Captain America pj's and decided to help Scott, Hulk and Nebula with the suits. Scott was in one of them. 

" When did you make this?" I asked them, I thought they still had to make it. 

" It's Hank's." Scott told me. I had read about Hank Pym before, he was an interesting man. I knew he used to work for SHIELD until he and grandpa didn't see eye to eye anymore. I looked at the suit Scott was in, it was red and white. It reminded me of Hulk's room in Sakaar. 

" Thor's not gonna like these." I told them. 

" Why?" Nebula asked curious. 

" It's red and white. He would want you to just pick a color... Not that he'll care of course, he's drunk all the time." 

" I can't believe he let himself go like that." Hulk said. 

" I passed him coming over here, and he was drinking beer, at eight in the morning." I said disgusted and worried at the same time. 

" Aren't Asgardians supposed to be able to drink enormous amounts of normal alcohol?" Nebula asked us. She was right, the party before Ultron, he even had special beer that only he and Steve could hold. 

" He does drink an alarming amount, so I guess it caught up with him." Hulk said checking the suit again.

After an hour of working on the suit Rhodey walked in. " Time travel suit? Not bad." He said seeing the suit for the first time. Hulk was about to put a vial of Pym particles in Scott's suit when Scott stopped him. 

" Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!" He warned. 

" I'm being very careful." Hulk assured him. 

" No, you're being very Hulky." Scott told him. 

" I'm being careful." Hulk said again. 

"These are Pym particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." He was getting all riled up. 

" Scott, calm down." Rhodey told him, which seemed to help. 

" Sorry." He apologized " We've got enough for one round trip, each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus, two test runs." He put the vile into the suit himself and immediately shrunk down and grew again. " One test run. All right. I'm not ready for this." He admitted. 

" I'm game." We heard from the door. Clint was leaning against it, looking determined " I'll do it."

" Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Hulk told him while we checked the suit.

" Wait a second, let me ask you something." Rhodey stopped us " If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know? And..." He pretended to choke baby Thanos. 

" You wanna do the baby Hitler thing?" I asked him, he was smart of thinking about it. 

" Yeah it's simple we go back, find him as a b-" 

" First of all, that's horrible." Hulk stopped us. 

" It's Thanos." Rhodey defended his idea. 

" And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." 

" Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them...Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott explained. 

" Bingo." Clint said. 

" Sounds like a plan to me." I added. 

" That's not how it works." Nebula then intervened. 

" Well, that's what I heard." Clint told her. 

" What? By who? Who told you that?" Hulked asked. 

" Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time," Rhodey started to name time travel movies. 

" Quantum Leap." Scott added. 

" A Wrinkle in Time," I remembered. 

" Somewhere in Time," Rhodey kept going. 

" Hot Tub Time Machine." I added. 

" Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." Rhodey explained. 

" Die Hard." Scott then said. 

"That's not one of them" I whispered to him. 

" No, it's not..." He realised. 

" This is known." Rhodey tried to explain to Bruce. 

" I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true." Hulk told us " Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future." 

" Exactly." Nebula agreed. Now he had me confused. 

I was trying to figure out what he had said when Scott asked " So Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?"

Steve, Nat and Thor joined us at the time machine dad and Rocket had build. It was huge and looked very sci-fi. Clint was standing in the outer edge of the machine, ready to go. Bruce was operating the machine 

" All right, Clint." He said " We're going in 3..2.. 1..." Clint shrunk down and disappeared into the machine. " Okay, now fingers crossed he comes back." Hulk stated and started to count again. " 5... 4...3...2...1" He pressed the buttons and Clint appeared again, screaming a little, to then drop down to the floor. Nat immediately ran up to him, making sure he was okay. 

" Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?" She asked him. 

He removed his helmet and said " Yeah. It worked." He said, processing what had just happened " It worked." He had a honkball in his hand from the past. 

I could see the determination in dad's face. While we were walking back to brainstorm about our next step I hugged him. " We're gonna bring them back dad." I smiled thinking about all the people we could bring back.