39. Fight

Tuesday wasn't a good day for me. When I came home from school I noticed a bunch of cars parked in front of the door. Agents were walking through the compound looking for something. 

I put down my backpack and went to the living room where dad and Secretary Ross were talking. 

" What's going on?" I asked them seeing how an agents looked through all our drawers. 

" We're making sure Mr Rogers didn't leave any clues behind. We're still trying to find Mr Barnes as well." 

I looked at dad, " I told you they didn't tell me anything." I told him. 

" I know pumpkin, they're just making sure." he said. 

" What about the bedrooms?" an agent asked from inside the hallway. 

" Go through them." Ross told them. 

" You better not make a mess in there!" I shouted going after the agent. They were going through everything in every room. When I passed my room I saw how an agent was messing up all my drawers and closets. My drawings and blueprints were scatters and they were looking through every sketchbook I owned. 

" Hey! Those are private." I said pulling a diary away from an agent. The agents looked through all the sketches I had made, the ones of Steve, Sam, Nat and Wanda were inspected even more. Then another agent pulled my poem book from under my mattress. 

" Don't touch that." I told him. He didn't let go of it. " Didn't you hear me? Put it down!" said louder when he opened it. 

" Did you find something?" Ross asked walking in with dad. 

" This was hidden under her bed." he said still going through it. 

" I told you to let it go!" I said angry ready to grab it from him, but dad held me back. 

" What's in it?" Ross asked me. 

" Poems you asshole." I said. The agent nodded and I pulled it away from him. " You're not finding anything here because I don't know where they are. And even if I did you'd be the last person I'd ever tell." 

They went on to search the other rooms. After another hour of not finding anything they stopped looking. 

" If you hear anything, please contact us. Mr Barnes is a threat to anyone in his surroundings." Ross told dad before walking out.

" Can't they just leave him alone?" I asked while putting back all my stuff. 

" He's a criminal." dad said helping me. 

" Not anymore." I told him. 

" He was the Winter Soldier O, he hurt a lot of people." 

" He didn't want to, you know that." 

" But he still hurt them!" he said a bit louder. 

" What did he ever do to you dad?" I asked him now raising my voice as well. 

" He killed your grandparents!" he suddenly yelled. He what? That couldn't be true, they had died in a car crash. 

" How do you know?" I asked confused. 

" I saw it, on a tape in Siberia." he told me. 

" Is that why you fought?" I asked him. 

" He killed my parents O." he sighed, knowing what I was gonna say. 

" He was mind controlled dad, HYDRA made him do it." I defended Bucky. I couldn't believe dad didn't get that. He knew what HYDRA could do. 

" He still did it!" he yelled knowing I was defending the man that had killed his parents. 

" And you still-" I yelled but stopped myself. I had not just said that. 

" What, what did I do?!" he asked with a raised voice. When I didn't answer right away he knew what it was about. And the tears in my eyes started flowing. 

" I never blamed you dad." I whispered " Maybe you should just think about that... About what mom would have wanted you to do. 'Cause I'm sure she wouldn't want you to feel guilty. And she sure as hell would have forgiven Bucky." 

He stormed out of my room and I slammed the door shut.

(start the song) When everything was in its place I lay down in bed. Why did it have to be like that? Why did everything go wrong? All I wanted was for everything to be alright. That we hadn't fought. That we would all be happy and not hurt. That I wasn't a criminal that defended a murderer. That's what I prayed for before I fell asleep in tears.

Darkness, nothing to see, until a yellow light flickered on. Sitting under it, Loki. Bags under his eyes and worry in his eyes. It confused me to why he was there, he was supposed to be dead. 

I walked up to him, he was sitting on a throne now. A beautiful golden one, but he was still worried. 

" You can't hide forever." A familiar gloomy voice said. Loki looked up in fear, like the voice would hurt him. " Even your death can't conceal you from me Laufeyson." The voice gave me chills all over my body. " I will find you, and if I do, you'll be begging for me to kill you." He started laughing.

I shot awake. 

How I wished those visions would have stayed away. 

AN

The visions are back. But don't worry, Thanos isn't coming for some time. 

The song I chose is from one of my favorite artists. You should check him out if you have time to spare and if you like sensetive music.