33 🌺

𝘈𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢, 𝘎𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘢

𝘚𝘪𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘯é 𝘓𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘺 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴𝘰𝘯/ 𝘚𝘪𝘮/ 𝘔𝘰/ 𝘔𝘰𝘯é/ 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺

Putting on lotion and deodorant, I walked in my closet and grabbed a black halter top, along with some white high waisted jeans. After putting on the clothes, I grabbed a black cardigan and put it over the top I was wearing. I did some light, natural makeup and contemplated on the heels I wanted to wear.

"Which ones look better?" I asked Ree, holding up some YSL and Louis Vuitton heels.

"The Saint Laurent's." She said, grabbing the other heel and giving it to me.

I sat them on the floor, putting the other heels back in their box and put it on the shelf. Grabbing the middle button on my cardigan, I buttoned it and put on the YSL ankle boots.

Today was me and Lillian's grand opening for the store, we talked about and I was ecstatic. Her and I talked about opening a store together, for forever and we finally did it. She even helped me get some blueprints for my restaurant, I plan on opening soon and I'm very thankful.

After the few talks I had with my professor, I finally decided to call her brother and make my plans for the restaurant. I also accepted the offer my dean gave me, to graduate earlier than I was supposed to. So instead of me graduating with my class like I'm supposed to, I'll be graduating some months before. I guess this is God's plan for me, by sending me alot of blessing all at once.

I don't want to seem greedy, because I like to accomplish things on my own. I'm very independent and for people to hand things out to me, sometimes fuck with my head. Taking things from people, has never been my cup of tea and I don't like handouts. Working to get where I want to be, has always been my little motto. I hate working for free and I hate feeling like I have to people back, for the things they give me.

While in my thoughts, I thought about my grandmother and how proud she would've been, if she was here right now. She always pushed me to follow my dreams and motivated me to do better. Julia was my rock and my everything in one. After she died, my world crashed and I was heartbroken. My grandfather stopped coming around after her funeral and got into a bad drinking habit.

I hated seeing my grandmother's death take that kind of toll on him, so got him help. Ever since then, he hasn't touched not one drink and for that, I was proud. He and my grandmother were high school sweethearts. They were what I would call, real relationship goals.

He only cheated on his wife once and after that one time, he realized that my grandmother was the one for him. They rarely ever argued or fought, but when they did, it wouldn't be over stupid or petty things.

Their relationship was real and I always admired that. He cherished my grandmother and she cherished her husband. My grandfather is 76 and is still living. He's never looked or talked to another woman, after my grandma died and I would always pick with him about it.

I didn't want him to be lonely, but he would always tell me "Your grandmother was it for me. She's the love of my life and when I die, she'll be waiting for me."

I remember one day, we had a get together and all my family was there. My grandpa was telling a story from his past and it was hilarious. Him and his brothers would always try to holler at the lighter toned women and their men would chase them down. This was during and after the times of slavery. It was this one word my grandfather would always use to describe the women, but I can't think of it right now.