Chapter 26

Leandre comes home today! He's coming home and I can't wait to see him.

The entire time he was gone I explored the butt plug and vibrating dildo. The dildo was so much better than the plug since it actually reached my prostate better. I found myself coming multiple times a day because I became addicted to the toy and couldn't stop touching it. I'm still embarrassed to think about it, but now that I've experienced it, I can't wait to do it again.

Except, next time, I want to do it with Leandre. No, I'm not going to just jump his bones right away when we haven't even had our first kiss yet. But, I'm more open to the idea of working up to it. I want to kiss Leandre, I have ever since I first met him, but I was nervous and didn't know how to go about our awkward relationship.

However, I decided while he was gone that we were going to do something about this whole mate situation. What we've been doing was just living together as sort of roommates who worked in the same office. But we're mates so we need to at least act like it somehow. That's what I decided. I didn't decide to just have sex with him the moment he walks in the door, because the idea of sex still freaks me out a little, I just decided that we need to do something that all couples should do.

Go on a date.

So, I'm going to be the one to ask him out on a date. I don't know where we would go or what we would do, but I'm still going to ask him.

I'm not only excited to see him because I've made up my mind about asking him out on a date. I'm excited because I actually truly miss him. I know, that sounds pathetic considering I hardly know the guy, but it's true. I've found myself missing him greatly since he left. I miss eating every meal with him. I miss his cooking. I miss our talks during mealtime. I miss seeing him and smelling him.

I miss Leandre.

So, I'm going to ask him on a date.

I figure standing right in front of the door is a little weird and he might find it uncomfortable to open the door to find me creepily standing there waiting for him. I might even scare him.

I pause at that last thought.

Scare him.

I shake my head. I don't see Leandre being scared of anything. At least not like this. I'm sure he would be scared to lose his mother and sister. Maybe he would be scared to lose me, too, even though we're still practically strangers. I know how wolves are with their mates, how they are crazy for them from the first moment they lay eyes on them. Even though Leandre is a lion and not a wolf I still believe it's the same concept.

I move from the front door and plop down on the couch. I've never been considered patient which makes this harder because I have no idea what time Leandre is due back, just that he comes back today. I guess I didn't really think this through very well.

Another sigh slips out of me as I lean back into the leather. The couch is very comfortable and surprisingly doesn't make much noise when you shift around. It's like sitting on a cloud. All fluffy and soft. So comforting.

****555****

I must have fallen asleep because when I open my eyes there's a blanket draped over me and I'm somehow laying across the couch instead of sitting correctly. There's also a lamp on somewhere in the room, other than that, the room is dark.

I blink the sleep out of my eyes, surprised that I was able to actually take a nap. I can't remember the last time I was able to nap. My body seriously only likes to get four hours max. I wonder how long I was passed out for and if I'll be able to get any sleep tonight.

That's about the time I realize. Someone had to of placed the blanket over me and turn on a lamp. I gasp and sit up, the blanket falling to my hips. My head snaps to the side to find Leandre sitting on the opposite couch with his MacBook sitting on his lap as he works. I swear, that man never stops working.

"Good evening," He greets.

Oh god, I forgot how much his voice alone affects me. I look at him to find him in a beige sweater with decorative holes covering the entire thing. I suppose it keeps him cooler seeing as it is summer. The sweater looks nice on him, especially the color. His pants are a pair of dark wash jeans and a pair of black socks on his feet. God, he looks good.

I scrub my hands over my face to help wake me better before I gather the blanket and stand up. He watches me the entire time as I stretch and then pad over to him and plop down next to him. I bite my bottom lip and scoot closer to him so our shoulders bump and I can feel those delicious hot sparks.

"Whatcha' doin'?" I ask as I look at his computer screen. A colorful graph takes up one side of the screen while another graph only half-finished takes up the other half.

"Working," He answers. "I have to compare earnings from last quarter compared to this quarter,"

"Sounds boring," I say before I can stop myself.

He chuckles and nods his head. "Yes, very boring," I can't help but grin at his reply. "However, if I do not do it no one else will,"

"Why not? Don't you have employees who can do it? Like accountants or something?"

"I do, but I like to do it myself to double-check that everything is correct. I do not need people stealing from the company my family has put so much blood and sweat into,"

I nod my head slowly. "Makes sense when you put it that way,"

"It is very boring, though," He repeats.

"So, if it's so boring, does that mean you'll take a break from it?" Smooth, Niles, smooth.

He chuckles and closes the computer. "Did you have something in mind?"

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment. This is it. This is the moment I worked up so much courage for earlier. Dammit, why did I have to fall asleep?

"Yeah, actually I did," I say as I pull the blanket up to my chin, the less of me he can see the better I feel. "I was thinking, perhaps it's time,"

His eyebrows knit together confused. "Time for what?"

I grumble under my breath in annoyance of how much of a coward I am. Then, I look him right in the eye.

"For us to go on a proper date. I mean, I guess you could consider eating every meal together a date, but I don't. We're practically strangers living under the same roof, Leandre. I mean, I get that you're busy and all, but this relationship we have going right now is weird and a little awkward," I end the sentence with the blanket covering my mouth.

Leandre stares at me for a moment before he grins wide and chuckles. "Niles, you are absolutely positively adorable, you know that?"

I blink in shock. I was not expecting him to say that. He chuckles some more as he shakes his head.

"You are right, however, we do have an odd relationship," He agrees. "Perhaps it is time we went on a proper date,"

The grin that finds its way onto my face must be contagious because a similar grin finds its way onto Leandre as well.

****555****

Author's Blurb:

November 7, 2019

Updating today because I need serious positive energy. I've been having a very rough last two weeks with today being the worst. *awkward laugh* You guys always cheer me up with your comments so THANK YOU! <3 You have no idea how much of a blessing you really are!