Chapter 21

The building is entirely made of glass and huge! A huge fountain sits in the front with green plants elegantly decorating it and benches to sit on. A giant logo of a lion's head inside a 'C' adorns the glass front doors. I'm assuming that is the company's logo.

A doorman dressed very nicely in a black suit and tie greets the people coming in and wishes them a wonderful day when they leave. He's a nice man I decided and even greeted Leandre head-on without fear of him firing him just because he's his boss. Although, he didn't look at me much, which still surprises me. Instead, he waited until Leandre introduced me as his potential secretary.

Inside, the front lobby is bustling with people. A front desk with the same logo as the doors has four people sitting behind it. All of them assisting someone. The logo is, once again, on the wall behind the desk. It's a cool design carved in a slab of distressed wood.

A sitting area has a massive black fireplace with a huge flat-screen TV. Honestly, it looks like a fancy living room to me. It even has a bookcase filled with books and magazines. And there are plenty of green plants that give it that homey feel. I've already gathered that Leandre loves plants and decorates with them.

The building is sixty-five floors and has five elevators, the sixth being private and a bit hidden from the others. There were marble stairs that people were making use of, but Leandre leads us to his private elevator which could only be accessed by placing his hand on the scanner. The elevator was like any other elevator, only it was made classy by mirrors on all four walls and the ceiling.

Leandre told me this elevator used to be like the others that had windows to look out as they were going up, but he likes his privacy and didn't want people being able to look inside. He wanted just plain walls but Charlotte stepped in and told the carpenter to add mirrors instead, that way Leandre could always fix his suit in the elevator if needed.

I watch as the numbers go up the higher up we go. The floor button Leandre chose is lit up gold and presents floor sixty-five. There is also a button with a 'B' and 'R' which I'm assuming stand for basement and roof. Damn, the elevator goes all the way up to the roof? I guess I do expect this building to have a helicopter pad as well after all the previous ones we have landed on. Not once in my entire life did I ever expect to land on a helicopter pad, especially one on the roof of a building.

I can't help but stare at our reflections in the mirrored doors in front of us. Leandre is, of course, taller than me by many inches. He wears a black suit with a deep royal purple tie perfectly knotted. His long hair is slicked back professionally, much like the first day we met, where you can see the comb marks running through the light strands. His suit looks almost tight on him, but it also looks as if it fits him perfectly, which I don't doubt he had it fitted for him.

Me? I wear a dark pair of old jeans and a plain white tee with a small American Eagle logo in the bottom right corner, barely noticeable unless you were looking for it. My shoes are a pair of black slip-on's that is a knock-off of Vans. Honestly, they were the best I could come up with to look 'professional' considering I don't have too many clothes, and I never really had to dress up all that much. My hair is how I normally have it, letting it run it's course freely after running a brush through it. A few blonde curls hang over my forehead annoyingly but looking at them in the mirror, they look stylish and admittedly good.

Standing next to Leandre, I look small and skinny. I've never considered myself to be extremely fit, but next to Leandre, it looks like I have never lifted any sort of weight in my entire life. I have muscles, don't get me wrong, I don't feel any sort of discomfort taking off my shirt, but if I were to be pitted next to Leandre shirtless, you can bet your sweet ass I will be uncomfortable.