Chapter 13

A/N: Okay, so Wattpad is at it again. :/ If you see any words that should be two words (example: thehat or weare) would you be so kind as to let me know so I can go back and fix them? I already spotted two already.

When I awake the next time it is because of my burning and aching body. A whimper escapes my parched throat as I forcefully peel my eyes open. The room has dim lights with odd flashes of blues which I realize after a moment is a TV. The show Friends plays on the TV softly. Those hot sparks are still on my hand, but this time I realize fingers are threaded between mine as a thumb rubs softly back and forth, sending tingles to shoot up my arm.

As another whimper leaves my throat the hand on mine tightens before a face is hovering over mine. I blink a few times to clear my suddenly blurry vision.

"Niles?" Leandre's voice is gentle. "Are you in pain?"

"Niles?" A familiar voice says in surprise.

I lick my dry cracked lips, the action stinging my poor lips. My throat is so dry I fear I will die of thirst in a matter of moments.

"W-w-wat-," I pant out. "-er,"

"Water," Leandre echoes in understanding. "Right here,"

Then, a straw is being guided between my chapped lips. My response is pure instinct as I suck on the straw to get to the liquid at the bottom of the cup. The cool water hits my tongue and slides down my throat, soothing it some. I suck more of it in until the cup is empty and the straw makes an annoying empty sucking sound. I still feel so thirsty, though.

I push the straw out of my mouth using my tongue and attempt to turn my head to the side in search of more water. Pain hits my sore neck, halting my movements with a gasp.

"Do not move, Niles," Leandre warns. Then, his cool hand gently pushes my head back to the position it was first in.

"More," I gasp in a whiny voice. I don't care if I sound whiny or not, as long as I get more water in the end.

Leandre squeezes my hand for a moment before he lets it go and gets up. The loss of those sparks was like a flip being switched in my body. Sudden pain fills me completely until silent tears fall from my sore eyes. My body feels as if it is on fire and everything aches in such a horrible way.

"No," I whimper in pain.

I silently beg for Leandre to return to take the pain away again. I don't know what makes me think he was the one taking the pain away, perhaps it was because as soon as he was gone I was suddenly aware of the pain. I wish Leandre would hurry up and return and take my hand again. Beyond the horrible pain, I still crave those hot sparks he causes.

"Niles, are you in pain?" The voice belongs to Beowulf, I vaguely register.

"Yes," I whimper pathetically.

"Okay, I'll push the nurse call button," He says.

Then Leandre returns, as soon as he is in reach, my hand seeks out his even through all my pain. I grip his hand tightly, needing to feel those sparks once more. Once I do feel the sparks, my body no longer feels as if it is on fire. It was like the sparks extinguished the flames. My body is still in pain, but the pain is considerably lessened.

I let out a breath of relief, not caring who heard. I don't even feel embarrassed for bluntly grabbing his hand. Leandre lessens the pain and that's all I care about right now.

"I brought you orange juice," Leandre says in a gentle tone. "Would you like some?"

"Please," I whisper. I'm not even sure it was audible but he still guides a straw to my lips.