Chapter 14

A/N: So, I know, I suck at life, so would you be so kind as to assist me in something? As you're reading, could you tell me if I put Beowulf anywhere instead of Wulf? I keep forgetting he goes by Wulf. I went over it once but I may have missed a few. *awkward giggle*

Leandre pissed me off. He seriously decided, without first consulting me, to pay my hospital bill! God, I am so fucking pissed at him! Sure, it would have been a fucking mess since I don't have insurance and definitely don't have the thousand plus in my bank account to pay out of pocket due to having no insurance, but he didn't even fucking ask! Now I feel horrible and obliged to pay him back. I don't fucking care if he says he doesn't want or need for me to pay him back, but that is way too much money to not payback! Holy shit, why did he do that?

Leandre even had the fucking nerve to smirk all the way to the restaurant that we were meeting Wulf and Ridge at. The same restaurant that Wulf and I eat at every Sunday. Honestly, it feels sort of weird coming on a Monday.

Once again, Leandre gives the driver a stack of money and tells him to do what he wants until he texts him, just like he did when he took me to the mall last week. It's the same driver so I wonder if Leandre hired him for his entire stay here. The driver must really like Leandre too, considering the generous tip money he gets on top of the fee.

"Are you planning to pout all day?" Leandre asks as I slam the car door after getting out.

I turn my glare to him and huff. "Abso-fucking-lutely," I grumble before stomping off into the family-friendly restaurant.

Leandre chuckles, sending annoying shivers down my spine, and follows after me. I spot Wulf and Ridge already seated at our regular booth. Wulf raises an eyebrow as he notices my angry stomp and glare.

Of course, glaring currently hurts my face right now. Which brings me back to the damage my father caused, resulting in my hospital stay and Leandre pissing me off by paying the ridiculous bill.

Both my eyes are black, well, now they are more yellow since the swelling went down and the bruises lightened up. A white wrap with a little metal bar is across my damn broken nose. I have seriously dumb noticeable black stitches across my forehead, eleven stitches to be exact. They are supposed to dissolve on their own. My left shoulder, shoulder blade, and bicep all have stitches as well. Those are easier to hide, though, unlike the stitches on my fucking forehead for everyone in the entire world to see! Little cuts and now yellowing bruises litter my body.

I slide angrily into the booth across from Wulf and Ridge, Leandre right behind me. I huff and slide as far away from him as I can, resulting in me being pressed against the wall. Beowulf has yet to release his raised brow, which annoys me even further.

"What?" I snap at him. His other eyebrow raises now and he gives me a look as if to say 'Really? You're going to snap at me?' I have to close my eyes and take a deep breath before I can apologize. "Sorry," I grumble out halfheartedly. 

"What crawled up your ass?" He snorts with good humor.

"This dick," I say as I jab a thumb in Leandre's direction. When Wulf's jaw drops and Ridge drops the napkin he was messing with, I realize what I said. "Wait, no," I shake my head vigorously. "No, he- he- oh fuck it," I grumble even more pissed now. "You know what, fuck you," I snap at Leandre.

Leandre chuckles low and deep, I refuse to be affected by it, though. "He is upset that I had taken care of his hospital bill," That thick French accent annoys me more than it turns me on right now.

"Ah," Beowulf chuckles. "Yep, that would do it,"

I snap my glare at him as if challenging him to continue. Which he does with a smirk directed at me.