Chapter 16

Leandre had his own personal private plane waiting on a landing pad on the rooftop of some building I didn't concern myself with knowing the name of. I was just in shock of the red carpet treatment we were receiving. Leandre didn't seem to notice, which he probably didn't since he's used to it. But for me? I was in shock. My eyes wide as I soaked up everything happening.

The plane was gorgeous inside and I swear I would live in here if I could. It didn't have regular seats like a commercial airplane. The seats were a cream-colored plush. On both sides of the plane, they were couches, both ends of one of the couches had a chair that reclined. The other couch had two seats with a table in between them to fit four people in total. A small bar, a bathroom that consisted of a toilet and sink, and a small bedroom with a queen-sized bed. The flooring of the plane was white carpet, and the windows large with the blinds all up so you could see out them.

Honestly, it surprised me that so much could fit in the plane and still be so spacious.

After we got settled down, Leandre said he had some work he had to get done before we reached Victoria, so I let him be as I looked out the window. An hour into the ride a lady came out asking if I wanted a drink but I declined. Then she said she had a selection of movies for me to watch and then pulled down a flat screen TV that was hidden in the ceiling. I chose to watch The Lion King.

Halfway into the movie, Leandre joined me on the couch and watched the movie with me in silence. Once the movie was over he selected the second Lion King and pulled out his MacBook. He worked in silence as he sat next to me. I'm not sure if he was actually watching the movie this time or if he was just using it as background noise. Either way, I still appreciated the company.

I got all sorts of confused every time I looked at his MacBook. There were graphs and charts I didn't understand. He typed out memos and letters. He even looked at blueprints for a new building. I didn't understand anything he was working on. But then again, I was just looking over his shoulder, I'm sure if I was shown what to do and what to look for that I would get the hang of it pretty quickly.

I ended up falling asleep during the end credits and I have no idea how long I slept for, but when I woke up again it was dark outside the windows. Leandre was still next to me but his MacBook was put away and he had his seatbelt back on. Then I realized my seatbelt was on too.

Leandre glances at me then and gives me a small smile. "Good evening," He greets. "We are just landing in Victoria,"

I stretch and yawn as I look out the window. Lights from a city are below and I find it truly fascinating. I've never been on a plane before so I've never experienced seeing this kind of thing. All I know about planes I got from watching movies. The lights are beautiful from up here and light up the dark sky.

"I have a few things I need to take care of here, then we will head to Montréal. We will eat a quick supper here. Hopefully, my work here will be quick,"

I nod my head and look back out the window as we begin our descent back down to the solid ground. I watch as the city approaches quickly. My stomach lurches but it doesn't make me sick. The descent is quick and we end up landing on top of a tall building once more. I do wonder if Leandre has heard of an airport before, but whatever, at least we don't have to wait in lines and what not.

"Here we are," Leandre says as he unhooks his seatbelt. He stands to his feet and stretches, his back making a loud cracking sound.

I do the same and stretch as soon as I stand up. Leandre smiles at me just as the flight attendant enters again. She nods to Leandre in greeting before busying herself with getting the door open. Leandre nods his head in the direction of the door. I roll my eyes and head for the door, why does he always want to walk behind me? I hear a small growl behind me but ignore it, I've already figured out that he doesn't like when I roll my eyes.