Chapter 2- Cold feet kicking in

Heartbeats fast, colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more
- Christina Perri, A thousand years
________________________________
Sumire

I could feel my heart rush about a million times faster than it usually does- it was the familiar feeling I had when Erick left the country midway; a feeling of incomplete. Why did my heart scream "run" when this moment was where I was to find solace?

"Carrie, just wait for me outside and let dad know I'm ready." I stuttered, clearly unprepared and tense. "I will. And by the way sis, you look gorgeous today. Please just remember that you are awesome, 'Kay?" Caroline squeezed my hand before leaving the room. I sat there for a little longer questioning why even was I anxious. Wasn't this what I thought of when I saw Harry every time on the screen? Wasn't this what I wanted after that awkward meet at the convenience store a few months ago?

As the line got shorter- with barely 10 people in front of me- the conversation I had rehearsed for when I meet him, subsided from my memory. I stood there like an 11-year-old awkwardly listening to her class sing the birthday song for her. I did feel guilty for not telling Jamie, my assistant, that I'm going for a break but I didn't know the supposedly short break consisting of ice cream would land me a meet with the boyband sensation, HARRY STYLES! on the inside I was screaming, shouting, dancing and harnessing a spectrum of emotions although a stone-cold face on the outer surface appeared like a statue splashed with sweat.
With the first conversation we had, I knew I was a nervous wreck. Hell, I might have scared the poor boy. But his intimidating yet comfortingly charming persona cradled my restless soul. His emerald green eyes shone through me and I was falling for him even more. "Why don't I sneak you out for a little ice cream treat while there's no one in the line?" Harry had suggested as I looked intensely engrossed in a trance, merely able to nod.
We exchanged a lot of chats- he asked me what I do, asked me about my family and I did the same about him, being curious about how is it to be on tour. At the very moment, I realized how beautiful he was even with the 'star' tag removed and his bare, unfiltered self was where I found my peace.
"A selfie then?" Harry offered and I said yes without hesitating. After our goodbyes, I knew I wasn't going to boast about this little private talk we had or the cute selfie we clicked for I knew Harry would've liked it that way. Only when I realized that the selfie wasn't on my phone, the notification pinged showing my selfie with Harry:- "good thing you keep your contact no. on your keys. Oh btw, this is HS."

I smiled to myself thinking about how awkward I must have been tying the red flannel shirt around my waist, while the white tee that hugged my upper body definitely had blotchy sweat spots. After the convenience store encounter, it was a quick process. As soon as his tour got over, we dated for a while and he proposed to me in front of the Eiffel Tower - the epitome of romantic love stories- and this is where we were now.

I knew there was something missing. I knew this wasn't right.

Harry

I stood impatiently on the aisle waiting for my beautiful Sumire and no matter how many times I would look at her, she'd manage to take my breath away, each time. The seats were decorated with sunflowers and Chrysanthemums- both of the flowers placed to our likings- and they never looked so beautiful. The ripe wooden embellishment around gave a breathtakingly antique look and the altar seemed a rich relic.

"Umm, Harry? Sum isn't in her room. And apparently, not with her dad either." Niall carefully uttered with concern, his eyes hovering around the church guests as he tried to find Sumire. "Have you checked wi-"
"Before you mention anyone, I've checked with Caroline, her family and Jamie as well. Liam and Louis are letting the security know."
"Maybe she's in the restroom," I spoke in a tone not quite sure of itself; I didn't know who was I wanting to convince- Niall or myself.

Suddenly I saw Sumire's dad hurrying towards me. "Mr. Clar- err- dad, is everything fine?" I was extremely worried by the look on her dad's face. He was a tall man and though he was over 50, his athletic body cheated his age and I always joked about the fact that I wanted to age just like him. But at this moment, her dad looked way past happy or excited. "Sumire has left the church. She's nowhere to be found, Harry." The words being said left my mouth agape but I quickly composed myself knowing too well that I had to comfort Mr. and Mrs. Clark- Or as they insisted me calling them- mom and dad.

My heart was breaking and a physical ache tingled in my chest. I tried to act as serene and collected as possible for I knew she would've just gone around the corner, looking for an ice cream cone or something because her spontaneous self was not unknown to me. "She's nowhere to be seen. Paul checked up on the security team and considering the amount of paparazzi outside, she hasn't been noticed." Liam said and an accompanying Louis added.

I looked down and sharply inhaled. I knew any moment now, I was going to collapse. That I was going to be miserable... "Harry! Su-Sum-Sumire... she left you a note in her bedroom! I really wanted to bring it to you, but not in front of the guests." A panting Caroline said trying to keep her voice down to a whisper. With the tiniest of spark in my eye, I loosened my bow tie, comforted Sumire's parents and followed Caroline, hoping to find my answers. Hoping that it would just be a prank...

________________________________

Heyyyy people! So I added the beautifully basic way these two lovelies met and let me tell you, Harry is straight up a munchkin in this. Also, how did I get motivated to post this amateur fanfic? —Harry's recent tweet that said "Do" was so random that I thought, maybe this is him telling me to do something🌝 and I have my exams this week but I couldn't contain myself from writing so here it is🌻 hope you love it ❤️🥰

Love,
V.